The Student Room Group

not sure whether or not to stay at maccies

so ive been working at mcdonalds for about 5/6 weeks now (not a lot i know), and im very conflicted on whether or not to stay. the people i work with, my managers and the job im usually put on are all fine. however, the management are constantly getting wrong my availability (i can only work saturdays due to schoolwork) and now that ive questioned it they are forcing me to do shifts outside of my availability because on of the managers uploaded my availability incorrectly. also, they have scheduled me for days that i have not signed up for during the christmas half term and it is beginning to constantly stress me out. i have had a few panic attacks just on the topic of trying to deal with the mes of my schedules and stuff. and im not sure whether or not i should look for another job where they respect w=my availability a lot more. i am 16 and have just started my alevels, so its a lot of content, and i really cant deal with the added pressure. shall i wait it out and just try to deal with the stress and ****, or look for somewhere new?
Original post by Hollymcmullan
so ive been working at mcdonalds for about 5/6 weeks now (not a lot i know), and im very conflicted on whether or not to stay. the people i work with, my managers and the job im usually put on are all fine. however, the management are constantly getting wrong my availability (i can only work saturdays due to schoolwork) and now that ive questioned it they are forcing me to do shifts outside of my availability because on of the managers uploaded my availability incorrectly. also, they have scheduled me for days that i have not signed up for during the christmas half term and it is beginning to constantly stress me out. i have had a few panic attacks just on the topic of trying to deal with the mes of my schedules and stuff. and im not sure whether or not i should look for another job where they respect w=my availability a lot more. i am 16 and have just started my alevels, so its a lot of content, and i really cant deal with the added pressure. shall i wait it out and just try to deal with the stress and ****, or look for somewhere new?

I'd speak to them again about your availability. Normally they are pretty good (when I worked they they were).
The reason they may have put you down for extra shifts during the holidays is because a lot of students do extra shifts during the holidays. Perhaps they thought you wanted to as well. No Biggie though, just let them know you want to stick to your normal shift and not do extra.
Give them the benefit of the doubt and give them chance to sort your availability. It would be nicer for you if you could stay at the same job rather than change. But there's no harm in having a look whilst working there to see if you find anything better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending