American UK Uni Applicants 2022

Watch
syd1
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all! This is a thread for American students applying to UK unis in 2022. I’d love to know where you are applying, what you are applying for, and what made you apply there
syd1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
I’ll start! I have applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, LSE, KCL, and UCL on UCAS, all for courses involving archaeology/classical archaeology. I also applied to St. andrews on Common App. I like how I’ll be able to directly start my major at UK schools and how I’ll be closer to the history I’m studying- the ease of travel also was a draw for me. I’ve applied to US schools too, and I’m not sure yet where I will choose.
ry7xsfa
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by syd1)
I’ll start! I have applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, LSE, KCL, and UCL on UCAS, all for courses involving archaeology/classical archaeology. I also applied to St. andrews on Common App. I like how I’ll be able to directly start my major at UK schools and how I’ll be closer to the history I’m studying- the ease of travel also was a draw for me. I’ve applied to US schools too, and I’m not sure yet where I will choose.
Good luck with your applications! You may get more responses on this on CollegeConfidential (which I am sure you are aware of), as this is a UK-based site. Most people on the "Studying in North America" Forum are Brits looking to go to the US.

It's really interesting to me that one of the appeals of the UK system to you is being able to start your major straight away. As somebody who went the other way partially because I wasn't entirely sure on my major yet, and wanted to take classes outside of it, I definitely can't relate haha.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by syd1)
You wanna check out your application process very carefully. AFAIK you are not allowed to ever apply to more than 5 UK schools, even if you mix UCAS and CommonApp. You are probably in breach of the rules and one of your process might get get pulled- big problem if it’s the UCAS one as you’d lose your 5 applications. Definitely check it out and GL.
syd1
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
You wanna check out your application process very carefully. AFAIK you are not allowed to ever apply to more than 5 UK schools, even if you mix UCAS and CommonApp. You are probably in breach of the rules and one of your process might get get pulled- big problem if it’s the UCAS one as you’d lose your 5 applications. Definitely check it out and GL.
thanks for the warning! i checked it out and it seems like it’s fine, i just can’t apply for the same uni on both platforms. hope you are well!
YoungEmrys
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No, this is not true. You are limited to 5 options on *UCAS* but if you apply via any other platform/directly to the uni then you can apply to an unlimited number of unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7%
October 2021 (191)
46.14%
November 2021 (42)
10.14%
December 2021 (54)
13.04%
January 2021 (45)
10.87%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.42%