Anyone else still not far with their UCAS application?

Watch
lettucegoestouni
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have about 4 words down for my PS and I haven't even booked my LNAT yet. I'm currently doing a gap year so I haven't been in an academic environment for a while and I kind of don't want to be. My application last year failed miserably and I really have no motivation to do it all again and probably fail all over again.

Anyone in a similar position?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like you don't really want to do this.

You have left it far too late to think about LNAT - most test slots were booked up months ago and if you have not done any prep then a good score is unlikely. You can do Law at other Unis that dont want LNAT so look at Unis like Reading, Sussex, Liverpool etc. and take that pressure off yourself.

And for a quick start to your PS - "I realised I wanted to study Law when ....".
And if you can't think of a sensible ending to that sentance then rethink Law and look at other Social Science courses instead.
lettucegoestouni
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
It sounds like you don't really want to do this.

You have left it far too late to think about LNAT - most test slots were booked up months ago and if you have not done any prep then a good score is unlikely. You can do Law at other Unis that dont want LNAT so look at Unis like Reading, Sussex, Liverpool etc. and take that pressure off yourself.

And for a quick start to your PS - "I realised I wanted to study Law when ....".
And if you can't think of a sensible ending to that sentance then rethink Law and look at other Social Science courses instead.
In my country test slots are still open because hardly anyone takes the test plus I already took it last year and got pretty average scores but thanks for advice on the PS
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lettucegoestouni)
I have about 4 words down for my PS and I haven't even booked my LNAT yet. I'm currently doing a gap year so I haven't been in an academic environment for a while and I kind of don't want to be. My application last year failed miserably and I really have no motivation to do it all again and probably fail all over again.

Anyone in a similar position?
Yes…
lettucegoestouni
Rep:
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
Yes…
those 3 letters are so comforting thank you hahahaha we'll get there soon
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lettucegoestouni)
those 3 letters are so comforting thank you hahahaha we'll get there soon
Hopefully🤞I cannot face more rejection.
Just have to stay positive, whatever that might be, god it’s so depressing sometimes. We’ll make it though!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (38)
6.5%
October 2021 (262)
44.79%
November 2021 (70)
11.97%
December 2021 (74)
12.65%
January 2021 (75)
12.82%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (47)
8.03%