The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Uni Law Offers for 2022

Hey there. I wondered if anyone has received an offer for Law / Law with International Study from the University of Manchester yet?

Please update with predicted or achieved grades, and if you’re a home or international student.

Thanks and Good Luck!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Parent2425
Hey there. I wondered if anyone has received an offer for Law / Law with International Study from the University of Manchester yet?

Please update with predicted or achieved grades, and if you’re a home or international student.

Thanks and Good Luck!

Hi,

My application got sent off 2 weeks ago and all I have had is a confirmation email!
My predicted grades are A*A*A, although my GCSEs are weaker.
Leeds are waiting until after the Jan deadline to give all applicants equal consideration due to the competitive nature of law, so maybe that is what Manchester is doing.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I got an offer for law My predicted is AAB and they gave me conditional offer of AAA
Reply 3
Ah ok, I thought they were probably doing Internationals first.

Congrats!
Especially happy to hear your offer is AAA as was surprised to discover ( in another thread on TSR) that Man Uni has changed their entry requirements to A*AA (?!)

All the best to you both! x
Reply 4
Oh yes it is A*AA but I got a contextual offer (they called it Widening Plus applicant)
I applied for law with A*AA and a B as level, grades 7-9 GCSEs and got rejected 👍
applied with A*A*A* predicted and all 7s at GCSE with 9s in English Lit and Lang and received an offer for A*AA
Reply 7
Congrats 🥳
Reply 8
Omg , so sorry to hear that.

When did you apply and do you think it has to do with Personal Statement, references or anything since they consider application as a whole
Original post by Jade_28
Omg , so sorry to hear that.

When did you apply and do you think it has to do with Personal Statement, references or anything since they consider application as a whole

I applied 4th dec I think, I made a post about why I was rejected but I can’t see it now.
They said other applicants had a stronger personal statement so it was that. Not sure about references since I wasn’t allowed to read mine. I’d assume they were fine since I’m well behaved and participate a lot within school.
I was very disheartened because I thought my personal statement was pretty good, I think it must’ve been my lack of actual law experience (shadowing, lectures etc) which I was already conscious about. Though I had wrote about live trials I’d watched, reading I’d done and then mock trials I’d done with my UN branch but that obviously didn’t make up for it.
C’est la vie!
Reply 10
Original post by lucymay107
I applied 4th dec I think, I made a post about why I was rejected but I can’t see it now.
They said other applicants had a stronger personal statement so it was that. Not sure about references since I wasn’t allowed to read mine. I’d assume they were fine since I’m well behaved and participate a lot within school.
I was very disheartened because I thought my personal statement was pretty good, I think it must’ve been my lack of actual law experience (shadowing, lectures etc) which I was already conscious about. Though I had wrote about live trials I’d watched, reading I’d done and then mock trials I’d done with my UNbranch but that obviously didn’t make up for it.
C’est la vie!

Omg , sorry to hear that 🤍😭 but what other uni choices do you have ?

Also, I actually don’t have law experience but I wrote about how my 3 current A levels gives me skills I can apply when learning law at Uni and how I did free online course on future learn from the University of Law which gave me an insight into Law and how interested I am in learning more. Also talked about being ready for the challenges of Uni and not afraid to take responsibility or face challenge
Original post by Jade_28
Omg , sorry to hear that 🤍😭 but what other uni choices do you have ?

Also, I actually don’t have law experience but I wrote about how my 3 current A levels gives me skills I can apply when learning law at Uni and how I did free online course on future learn from the University of Law which gave me an insight into Law and how interested I am in learning more. Also talked about being ready for the challenges of Uni and not afraid to take responsibility or face challenge

I also spoke about subjects relation, what related skills I have (e.g. debate club and public speaking) though I didn’t mention anything about handling responsibility or challenges.
I honestly dk what exactly it was they didn’t like, because surely due to to Covid a lot of people don’t have law experience?
I’ve got into Cardiff, Holloway and applied to Sheffield.
My top choice and the one I really want to go to (apart from what was Manchester) is Leeds.
Idk what I’ll do if I don’t get accepted into Leeds! Because I don’t really want to go to the others :/
Fingers crossed 🤞
Reply 12
I also spoke about subjects relation, what related skills I have (e.g. debate club and public speaking) though I didn’t mention anything about handling responsibility or challenges.
I honestly dk what exactly it was they didn’t like, because surely due to to Covid a lot of people don’t have law experience?
I’ve got into Cardiff, Holloway and applied to Sheffield.
My top choice and the one I really want to go to (apart from what was Manchester) is Leeds.
Idk what I’ll do if I don’t get accepted into Leeds! Because I don’t really want to go to the others :/
Fingers crossed 🤞

I hope you really get into Leeds 🙏🥺
Some of my friends got Leeds offer or maybe because they applied early like October
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Jade_28
I hope you really get into Leeds 🙏🥺
Some of my friends got Leeds offer or maybe because they applied early like October

Thankyou! I hope you get into Manchester!
I applied in nov but they don’t start looking until after the January deadline anyway.
What other unis have u applied to?
Reply 14
Thankyou! I hope you get into Manchester!
I applied in nov but they don’t start looking until after the January deadline anyway.
What other unis have u applied to?

I hope I get into it 🙏🥺.
I applied to Swansea, Sussex. |Greenwich(just to fill up the space). I wanted to just apply to Unis outside London
O

Original post by Jade_28
I hope I get into it 🙏🥺.
I applied to Swansea, Sussex. |Greenwich(just to fill up the space). I wanted to just apply to Unis outside London

I almost applied to Swansea! I applied to Sheffield just to fill the space too lol. Is Manchester ur top choice?
Reply 16
Yeah, I’m gonna firm Manchester and maybe Sussex/Swansea as my insurance.
I was very disheartened because I thought my personal statement was pretty good, I think it must’ve been my lack of actual law experience (shadowing, lectures etc) which I was already conscious about. Though I had wrote about live trials I’d watched, reading I’d done and then mock trials I’d done with my UN branch but that obviously didn’t make up for it.
C’est la vie!

I was exactly the same, got rejected a few hours with them saying "while you have a strong educational background, there were other applicants with a stronger personal statement". Shocking to me since i'm a resit applicant with a strong profile and I read and was influenced mine off LSE applicant statements, and received an immediate offer from notts. Seems really weird to me ngl. Where else have you applied to ?
Reply 18
Original post by aysh2626
I was exactly the same, got rejected a few hours with them saying "while you have a strong educational background, there were other applicants with a stronger personal statement". Shocking to me since i'm a resit applicant with a strong profile and I read and was influenced mine off LSE applicant statements, and received an immediate offer from notts. Seems really weird to me ngl. Where else have you applied to ?

Yeah it is
If you just scroll down a little bit, she has listed where else she applied to.
Reply 19
Original post by aysh2626

Where else did you apply apart from Nottingham ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending