The Student Room Group

Can I ask for a extension due to multiple assignment's being due on the same week?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muttley79
Usually you only have to pass the first year so don't worry too much. Your final classification is on a combination of Year 2 and Year 3 [each uni is slightly different]

yeah usually in mine its the best 120 'credits' and that's normally is the second and third year and the dissertation but obviously I would ideally not like to *******s any of them lol
Original post by Anonymous
yeah usually in mine its the best 120 'credits' and that's normally is the second and third year and the dissertation but obviously I would ideally not like to *******s any of them lol

The first year is really about getting to work mire independently :smile:
I had three assignments due in at the same time on the same day during my MSc, it's a pain but it's doable if you plan your time well. For reference I had a 3500 word risk assessment, a 2000 word law essay and a 3500 consultancy essay to do, plus a 3500 word literature review due two weeks before.

I started the most difficult one first and left the easiest one till last. It was difficult I'm ngl but at least two of them were fairly straightforward.
(edited 2 years ago)
While this isn’t grounds for an extension it’s worth talking to your course rep to raise the concentration of deadlines and ask for some adjustments to the timetable for future years (ie for the modules to issue the details of the coursework earlier so that students can start preparing their essays over a longer period of time than a week).

If you don’t know who your course rep is then find out. If you don’t have a course rep then find out how you can become course rep so that students on your course have a way to feedback to the academic staff.

Quick Reply

Latest