The Student Room Group

What are girls looking for on tinder/bumble??

My experiences on these apps have left me confused. After I match with someone, the process usually goes something like this:

Starting a conversation with hey or hello is lazy and boring so I look at their profile to find a conversation starter e.g. ask them about their dog if they show one or their hobby etc. This either results in: no response or a tiny conversation that dies after a few messages. It feels like I have to interview the girl to get her to talk. After a while one of us stops responding to the other out of boredom. On Bumble it's pretty much the same story which is surprising considering they're the one starting the conversation. Also side note: how is someone meant to respond to "hey"?

I thought people were looking for relationships or perhaps hook-ups but now it seems like people just try to get as many matches as possible to make them selves feel better without any intention of dating someone. I realise I'm likely doing something wrong but I'm not sure what. Perhaps I'm too slow and I should be asking them on a date the same day we match? Thanks :smile:
It depends on the specific girl and her reason for joining the website.
Many girls only want to add to their collection of social media followers or are looking to casually chat with no intention of meeting up.
While other girls are looking for a relationship or a hookup with a compatible guy that fulfils all their dealbreakers.
Good luck!
Reply 2
I would just get a hooker. You could waste years on Tinder, nightclub, workplace pick ups and ****ing around in the gym. A prostitute would probably have more integrity too.
Bois
Reply 4
Tinder is the epitome of the slow decay to only placing value on shallow surface features. For attractive women it is a meat market and if you barely make the cut she's not going to give you much of a chance.
Reply 5
Original post by UKGulag
I would just get a hooker. You could waste years on Tinder, nightclub, workplace pick ups and ****ing around in the gym. A prostitute would probably have more integrity too.

I'm not looking for a hookup though lol. Not that I have anything against people who are. We have our needs lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending