The Student Room Group

choices for a levels?

im currently in yr 11 n i have to pick my a levels soon.

im thinking of doing maths econ and geog but I'm not really sure if I should actually do it.
i don't have previous experience in econ as my school doesn't offer it.
is econ relatively easy and can I handle it well?
do I really need to be very good at analysing stuff and writing passages to excel in both econ and geog?
do I really need to pick a science subject eg phy chem bio?
which one should i pick if i were to do 4 subjects?

moreover, i don't really know precisely which career i wanna pursue in the future, however, i looked up and i find civil engineering, surveyor or ATC interesting to me. will the subjects suit my "preferable jobs"?

sorry for asking too many questions, i hope there would be some useful response.
thanks!
You've still got a lot of time to choose. When I was in yr11 (currently in yr13) I only ended up doing one of the subjects I applied to my college to do, so don't worry if you change your mind.

Ask yourself the following questions:
Do I actually enjoy or am interested in the subject?
Where will this subject take me?
Do I want to have broad or narrow choices? (based on you not knowing what to do for uni, the broader the better)
Do I need any subjects to do certain course I might consider for uni?

I would also check to see the exam board and any past papers for these subjects to see if you like the examination style. (Trust me this is really important, one of my alevels has a tough/demanding exam structure which I wish I considered before taking up)

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest