what is edexcel a lvl geog like?

Watch this thread
bryantw17
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hi, im currently in yr 11 and I wanna pick a lvl geog.
I've been studying gcse geog and I find it very interesting.

is a lvl geog and gcse geog very similar or very different?
whats a lvl geog like?
do I need to be very good at writing long lengthy essays to excel in this subject?
anything that I need to think about b4 taking this subject?|

is this subject a stepping stone to be a civil engineer or surveyor?

thanks!
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by bryantw17)
hi, im currently in yr 11 and I wanna pick a lvl geog.
I've been studying gcse geog and I find it very interesting.

whats a lvl geog like?
do I need to be very good at writing long lengthy essays to excel in this subject?
anything that I need to think about b4 taking this subject?|

thanks!
it depends which exam board you do at a-level but I did edexcel b at GCSE and I'm currently doing edexcel at a-level and there isn't much difference except that there are options in some topics for example, topic 2 - you can do glacial landscapes or coastal landscapes. There isn't much difference and it still is very interesting.

whats a lvl geog like?
a level geography is something that I haven't regretted, it definitely is a great deal of detail and a couple more essays but it's all good. 20% of edexcel a lvl Geography is coursework so if you feel like you do badly in exams, you can redeem yourself.

it depends really, I wasn't the best at essays and im constantly getting improvements which I am working on. it really depends because you still get sources. and don't worry it's not all essays, there are still 1-6 mark questions so I wouldn't worry abt it. just remember your case studies, they are the key to your essays, especially in physical geography.

anything that I need to think about b4 taking this subject?
teachers are there to help and if you ever need some essay pointers, you can lmk and I can help you.

I search it up and geography has any interchangeable skills for civil engineering and being a surveyor.

good luck! hope that helps!
bryantw17
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
it depends which exam board you do at a-level but I did edexcel b at GCSE and I'm currently doing edexcel at a-level and there isn't much difference except that there are options in some topics for example, topic 2 - you can do glacial landscapes or coastal landscapes. There isn't much difference and it still is very interesting.

whats a lvl geog like?
a level geography is something that I haven't regretted, it definitely is a great deal of detail and a couple more essays but it's all good. 20% of edexcel a lvl Geography is coursework so if you feel like you do badly in exams, you can redeem yourself.

it depends really, I wasn't the best at essays and im constantly getting improvements which I am working on. it really depends because you still get sources. and don't worry it's not all essays, there are still 1-6 mark questions so I wouldn't worry abt it. just remember your case studies, they are the key to your essays, especially in physical geography.

anything that I need to think about b4 taking this subject?
teachers are there to help and if you ever need some essay pointers, you can lmk and I can help you.

I search it up and geography has any interchangeable skills for civil engineering and being a surveyor.

good luck! hope that helps!
omg thank you very much for this in depth reply! it really helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads