The Student Room Group

Friend thinks I've got rid of him for no reason

Got rid a few days ago, I blocked him on everything and not spoken but he's been getting his other friend to tell me to try to speak. I spoke a bit, he was saying he's been really upset that I'm not friends, he said he was struggling, that I was a good person. He said I've got rid of him for "no reason" as well which isn't true, the main reason I got rid was because he kept coming to my houses then I was said he needs to stop coming but he never stopped, he just made excuses and just put the blame on me when he was the one in the wrong coming to MY houses. He was going to my dad's house when I stayed there then I live with my mums so he came there as well, this was going on for a few months and he just kept coming not getting the message that I don't like it.

He refused to get the message to stop coming. I thought this isn't doing any favours and decided to get rid. I tried to tell him he needs to stop coming then he just made excuses like, he's bored, it's a public road, thinking he's not doing any harm and he said its not they aren't my houses which is pissed me off, of course its my house where I live, it's a family house and it way more mine than his. So like a few days ago I just thought get rid, blocked him on everything, after that I just our other friend telling me he's upset about me getting rid of him. I spoke to him about it, he was just saying I've got rid of him for no reason, he said me getting rid of him has been affecting his preformance at college and he said he'll sort it out with them if I don't sort it out. If he changed fully like stopped coming to my houses and got his act together then I would maybe sort it out but I know he won't.
Original post by Anonymous
Got rid a few days ago, I blocked him on everything and not spoken but he's been getting his other friend to tell me to try to speak. I spoke a bit, he was saying he's been really upset that I'm not friends, he said he was struggling, that I was a good person. He said I've got rid of him for "no reason" as well which isn't true, the main reason I got rid was because he kept coming to my houses then I was said he needs to stop coming but he never stopped, he just made excuses and just put the blame on me when he was the one in the wrong coming to MY houses. He was going to my dad's house when I stayed there then I live with my mums so he came there as well, this was going on for a few months and he just kept coming not getting the message that I don't like it.

He refused to get the message to stop coming. I thought this isn't doing any favours and decided to get rid. I tried to tell him he needs to stop coming then he just made excuses like, he's bored, it's a public road, thinking he's not doing any harm and he said its not they aren't my houses which is pissed me off, of course its my house where I live, it's a family house and it way more mine than his. So like a few days ago I just thought get rid, blocked him on everything, after that I just our other friend telling me he's upset about me getting rid of him. I spoke to him about it, he was just saying I've got rid of him for no reason, he said me getting rid of him has been affecting his preformance at college and he said he'll sort it out with them if I don't sort it out. If he changed fully like stopped coming to my houses and got his act together then I would maybe sort it out but I know he won't.

It sounds like he doesn’t respect your boundaries. That’s not a healthy friendship at all. If you’ve asked him not to do something because you’re not comfortable with that, then he should respect that and listen to you. Also by him saying “it’s affecting my performance at college” it just sounds like he’s trying to guilt trip you and manipulate you into becoming friends again. He didn’t respect you or your boundaries so he has no right to blame you for his performance at college. If he was that bothered he should’ve listened and backed off when you asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending