The Student Room Group

Can I still be a racist if I willingly date interracially?

Well?
Of course. There are plenty of men and women about who are sexist pigs but they still date the opposite gender.
Yes, obviously.
Yes, most people don't think of themselves as racist however we may do some thing unconsciously which are racist becuz we've grown up in a world that hates anything that's not white 🤷*♀️
Reply 4
Original post by Theloniouss
Yes, obviously.

So ethnic minorities that repeatedly go out of their way to avoid me, that isn’t racism presumably.?
Wdym? Fetishisation of a specific race is racism as well.
Reply 6
Yes
Yes, UK Gulag, as many people have proved you don't need to think highly of someone to shag them.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by UKGulag
So ethnic minorities that repeatedly go out of their way to avoid me, that isn’t racism presumably.?

It could be.
Original post by UKGulag
Well?

Yes, racism is expressed in many more ways than just not dating someone of a specific ethnicity.
Reply 10
So I guess following the logic above you can preferentially avoid a certain race and still be considered a non racist?

I suppose someone who immediately springs to mind is Rishi Sunak who has clearly made a determined effort to marry an Indian national while preaching diversity.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by UKGulag
So I guess following the logic above you can preferentially avoid a certain race and still be considered a non racist?

I suppose someone who immediately springs to mind is Rishi Sunak who has clearly made a determined effort to marry an Indian national while preaching diversity.

Isn't it normal to have preferences especially for your own race when it comes to relationships?
Reply 12
Original post by hungrysalamander
Isn't it normal to have preferences especially for your own race when it comes to relationships?

So that isn’t racism then? And somebody who bucks that trend is not being in any way progressive?
Yes.
Any member of the human race can be racist if they have racial hatred.
Regardless of their dating history and sexual attraction dealbreakers.
Racism is simply the act of discriminating in a negative manner so yes, it is possible to love a woman from Ghana while actively choosing not to employ anybody from Nigeria for example. Your views in one sphere of life do not have to impact another.

That said, there is a difference between active discrimination that is intentional and being politically incorrect. Only liberals really think the later is a big problem.
(edited 2 years ago)
Sexual racism is a thing, it might be a politically correct thing to say, but there it is.

It tends to be men who engage in it. Looking at having sex with a different race as some sort of trophy.

When I briefly worked in Dubai a lot of the local men where thirsty for "Western woman" but if a man from another race even talked to a local Emirati, they would swoop in to make sure the man wasn't "harressing her" Unfortunately we've seen it happen in this country with the Rotherham grooming gang that happened too. I was once aware of a White Polish guy who wanted an Indian girlfriend to wind up the Asian guys in the office that he "had" one of their woman.

Pretty creepy behaviour regardless of race I'm sure all will agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending