KylePatterson
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is the best football/soccer position?
KylePatterson
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by KylePatterson)
I’d say defender
the_pharaoh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
wingers imo
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
goalie obviously

Name:  ca0fb31cc04af8793f149b01d14ad2aa.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  73.2 KB
yogwei
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
CAM or Wing backs.

In the modern game they both I'd say are the most versatile positions. Midfield is literally the control centre of team; they pass, shoot, press, defend. Now a days, wing backs i.e Trent Alexander Arnold or Reece James and so on and so forth are prime examples of how the modern wing backs are offensive positions and defensive positions, excluding Trent cause his defense isn't his strongest suite.
KylePatterson
Rep:
(Original post by ForestShadow)
goalie obviously

Name:  ca0fb31cc04af8793f149b01d14ad2aa.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  73.2 KB
Haha
KylePatterson
Rep:
(Original post by yogwei)
CAM or Wing backs.

In the modern game they both I'd say are the most versatile positions. Midfield is literally the control centre of team; they pass, shoot, press, defend. Now a days, wing backs i.e Trent Alexander Arnold or Reece James and so on and so forth are prime examples of how the modern wing backs are offensive positions and defensive positions, excluding Trent cause his defense isn't his strongest suite.
That is so true

When I play football (I live in Scotland) I get shoved in defender
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thread has been moved to the 'Football' forum. :yy:
username5613084
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Striker
kaizagill
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Midfielder
KylePatterson
Rep:
Nice a lot of good answers
KylePatterson
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Thread has been moved to the 'Football' forum. :yy:
Thank you very much 👍🏻
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There is no best position on the pitch, the players can be world class everywhere to play. It depends on them how good they are. I personally think that the midfield positions are very important, because they manage to change the game from offensive to defensive and vice versa. A football team without a good midfield can't hardly work.
KylePatterson
Rep:
(Original post by Kallisto)
There is no best position on the pitch, the players can be world class everywhere to play. It depends on them how good they are. I personally think that the midfield positions are very important, because they manage to change the game from offensive to defensive and vice versa. A football team without a good midfield can't hardly work.
Well I’m in a team and it is always breaking apart because the 2 WORST PLAYERS are in midfield when I’m the BEST PLAYER there and I’m in defender what type off ******** is this!
Last edited by KylePatterson; 1 month ago
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well I’m in a team and it is always breaking apart because the 2 WORST PLAYERS are in midfield when I’m the BEST PLAYER there and I’m in defender what type off ******** is this!
So you agree to what I said about the midfield. The midfield is an important part in football. The players there distribute the ball around the pitch. Good strikers need good players there who assist them and defenders need players in turn who interrupt an attack.
famiakhan
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Defender
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads