Is the name Evie too cutesy?

Watch
EVMD17
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m 18 and I like my name but wondered if it sounds too cutesy now- like would Eve seem more appropriate?

Thanks
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
There's nothing wrong with Evie, it's a nice name but if you like Eve, go for it.
Kentinho99
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EVMD17)
I’m 18 and I like my name but wondered if it sounds too cutesy now- like would Eve seem more appropriate?

Thanks
I love the name. It's Original. Eve is a common name. Be different be you be Evie 🙂
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Evie is a champion in paladins shooter, also sounds like a pop rock drummer for some reason
conclusion: very cool name
Last edited by ForestShadow; 1 month ago
EVMD17
Rep:
Thanks guys!! 😊
Kentinho99
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks guys!! 😊
You're welcome 🙂
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
It sounds meh, all things considered. Either way, don’t let a bunch of random strangers on the internet decide what name you should keep/not keep.
Kentinho99
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
It sounds meh, all things considered. Either way, don’t let a bunch of random strangers on the internet decide what name you should keep/not keep.
So what our opinions don't count now?! Thanks for insulting everyone who contributed to this.
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kentinho99)
So what our opinions don't count now?! Thanks for insulting everyone who contributed to this.
That’s not what I said, at all. Saying “don’t let random people decide your name” isn’t the same as “ignore everyone who gave an opinion about your name”. Yes, we’re allowed to give opinions and yes, they do count but they shouldn’t be used as a way to finalise OP’s decision. What she does with her name should be because it’s her choice, not because there’s a popular/unpopular decision among strangers on a public forum.
EVMD17
Rep:
That’s not what I said, at all. Saying “don’t let random people decide your name” isn’t the same as “ignore everyone who gave an opinion about your name”. Yes, we’re allowed to give opinions and yes, they do count but they shouldn’t be used as a way to finalise OP’s decision. What she does with her name should be because it’s her choice, not because there’s a popular/unpopular decision among strangers on a public forum.
Delightful of you to assume I’m not intelligent enough to realise it’s not wise to decide on my name entirely by using a forum- just wanted some input to influence my decision but I know you had no malicious intent x
Last edited by EVMD17; 1 month ago
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
Delightful of you to assume I would entirely decide on my name using a forum- just wanted some input to influence my decision but I know you had no malicious intent x
As they say, “assume the worst, hope for the best”.
Callicious
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Great name. Similar to a Pokemon.
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Callicious)
We all know you love that Pokemon only because you can apply a lot of physics to it…
Callicious
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
We all know you love that Pokemon only because you can apply a lot of physics to it…
I see you're a person of culture too.
EVMD17
Rep:
(Original post by Callicious)
Lmaooo everyone says that to me, I didn’t realise Pokemon was still a thing
HelloHello143
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's a nice name, quite unique haven't heard it since i was little, only 1 person I knew had that name

At the same time it does sound a little like a nickname if im being honest, Eve or Evelyn would sound a little better in a professional situation, that being said theirs no problem using ur name either, whatever makes u feel more comfortable with urself
Kentinho99
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So don't let people decide she should listen to people's opinions and then not follow the advice and do whatever she wants regardless of what people think? Am i right? Is that what you're saying? People come here for advice yet thry shouldn't listen to it and just do whatever they want to. Ok then 🤔🤨. I mean yes she is a very capable lady making strong decisions but I personally think its nice to listen to some advice on a subject the OP is talking about.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Reminds me of V for Vendetta.
sufys12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Lmaooo everyone says that to me, I didn’t realise Pokemon was still a thing
Pokémon will forever be a thing!
0ptics
Report 1 month ago
[quote=Kentinho99;96296999]So don't let people decide she should listen to people's opinions and then not follow the advice and do whatever she wants regardless of what people think? Am i right?
No, she can take advice all she wants but it should be a weak contributing factor, not the only contributing factor.
People come here for advice yet thry shouldn't listen to it and just do whatever they want to. Ok then 🤔🤨.
And you’re caught up in your own fallacy again…
I mean yes she is a very capable lady making strong decisions but I personally think its nice to listen to some advice on a subject the OP is talking about.
I agree and I’m not sticking any longer as this grows tiresome.
Goodbye.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (43)
24.29%
Note taking apps (5)
2.82%
Flashcards (31)
17.51%
Revision guides (5)
2.82%
Past papers (87)
49.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.39%

Watched Threads