The Student Room Group

Would you consider me lame or boring?

I do not at all like going to clubs and bars. Not really into that ''culture''. Among my friends, I'm probably the only one who doesn't enjoy it (I say probably cuz I suspect a few others don't either but won't admit it).

My friends have made me feel self-conscious about it like I am a weirdo. We've been friends for many years, since childhood, but they feel like they think they've ''evolved'' and I'm kinda lame.

I still like eating out, going to the movies, long walks, galleries, museums, etc. I am not particularly outgoing or social but I do have many interests.

I wasn't particularly annoyed by it cuz we have many other things in common. But now that one of them told me I need to be more outgoing cuz I will never find anyone, Idk, it hit me differently and maybe I am not ''fun'' enough and I do wish to find love someday?
No. You're lame if you talk about one interest, non-stop though. I think going for walks with your friends would suggest you're outgoing, dunno.
Omg please don’t take this to heart and let it get you down or doubt yourself.
You really shouldn’t feel you have to conform to the masses in order to be ‘normal’
Be you
You will find your tribe and you will meet someone
Based from what you wrote, no.
Nope
Boring yes
Original post by Anonymous
I do not at all like going to clubs and bars. Not really into that ''culture''. Among my friends, I'm probably the only one who doesn't enjoy it (I say probably cuz I suspect a few others don't either but won't admit it).

My friends have made me feel self-conscious about it like I am a weirdo. We've been friends for many years, since childhood, but they feel like they think they've ''evolved'' and I'm kinda lame.

I still like eating out, going to the movies, long walks, galleries, museums, etc. I am not particularly outgoing or social but I do have many interests.

I wasn't particularly annoyed by it cuz we have many other things in common. But now that one of them told me I need to be more outgoing cuz I will never find anyone, Idk, it hit me differently and maybe I am not ''fun'' enough and I do wish to find love someday?

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to go out clubbing i don't go out clubbing. Don't listen to them. Everyone is different I am just like you ahaha but again like i say you shouldn't listen to them plenty of people out there are like you and everything so you just be you and be positive 🙂
Original post by Little pecker
Boring yes

Always one ain't there
Original post by Kentinho99
Always one ain't there

Well they asked, nothing wrong with that.
Don't worry about it, I know loads of people don't like clubbing and just because they don't like clubbing doesn't make them boring at all. And tbh the activities you named are all outgoing??? Like is your friend blind or something??? And from my experience of going to clubbing, I know the guys all just wanted something else other than a relationship lol. Tbh, I would love to do those activities, then be suggested to go out clubbing any day of the week lol. Also maybe it's time to find other people who may share the same interest as you well, if your current friends believe you ain't "fun". Otherwise, it is disrespectful for your friends to say this, they should respect your opinions on what you like to do

Quick Reply

Latest