The Student Room Group

Should I drop an A level

I am studying 4 a levels maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. I also do loads of other extra curricular like sports and music and am finding that I don't have much free time and sometimes its hard to keep on top of my subjects. I want to be an aeronautical engineer but I'm not really enjoying physics and don't have enough time to properly understand the classes. any advice?
Original post by Caleb Laurence
I am studying 4 a levels maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. I also do loads of other extra curricular like sports and music and am finding that I don't have much free time and sometimes its hard to keep on top of my subjects. I want to be an aeronautical engineer but I'm not really enjoying physics and don't have enough time to properly understand the classes. any advice?

Physics is pretty important if you want to become an aeronautical engineer - if you aren't enjoying it are you sure you want to do engineering? Have you looked at the requirements of unis you are considering?

If you are finding it too tough you could consider dropping further maths (if the unis you want to apply for don't ask for it) or chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest