Is it bad that I use snap chat filters??

Watch
Magicallight
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When I look in the mirror I think I’m so pretty. In every mirror mostly but I recently brought a new phone “iPhone 8” last summer and I hate how I look in it. It makes my face look ashy,darker and different. So I use snap chat filters for all of my photos before I never used them until now especially since I do business and modeling and want my photos to look nice and professional.. is this bad?? The filters highlights my makeup and outfits stuff that I spent a lot of money on
Last edited by Magicallight; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I mean I don't think it is a bad thing altogether but it is very important to remember that you don't need a filter. Basically don't get caught up in always having a filter on however on the other hand I understand why you do it from what you have said. If you are modeling I think you should also include more natural photographs (unfiltered) because they will see the natural you when you model however a camera plays a key role in presenting yourself prior to the company meeting you.

In hindsight no it is not a bad thing to use Snapchat filters just don't be consumed by them.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Magicallight)
When I look in the mirror I think I’m so pretty. In every mirror mostly but I recently brought a new phone “iPhone 8” last summer and I hate how I look in it. It makes my face look ashy,darker and different. So I use snap chat filters for all of my photos before I never used them until now especially since I do business and modeling and want my photos to look nice and professional.. is this bad?? The filters highlights my makeup and outfits stuff that I spent a lot of money on
I don’t think it’s bad! Filters are fun to use, and can make the outfit look amazing, like you said. As long as the filters do not distort your reality in what you think of yourself, you should be alright.
Magicallight
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I mean I don't think it is a bad thing altogether but it is very important to remember that you don't need a filter. Basically don't get caught up in always having a filter on however on the other hand I understand why you do it from what you have said. If you are modeling I think you should also include more natural photographs (unfiltered) because they will see the natural you when you model however a camera plays a key role in presenting yourself prior to the company meeting you.

In hindsight no it is not a bad thing to use Snapchat filters just don't be consumed by them.
Before I had my phone iPhone 8 I never used filters I only use them now since my camera is so bad! My natural camera is dark and in my opinion it doesn’t even look like the natural me! I guess I’ll buy a new phone but it’s the “investment” especially after just buying one.. I know this sounds crazy but how I look in filters is how I looked on my old phone without filters.. the filters look more natural than the camera does not generally but the one I have!
Last edited by Magicallight; 1 month ago
Magicallight
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think it’s bad! Filters are fun to use, and can make the outfit look amazing, like you said. As long as the filters do not distort your reality in what you think of yourself, you should be alright.
The outfit already looks amazing that’s why I buy it and my regular camera makes it look plain and doesn’t show the detail. I wish my mirror can take pictures lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Magicallight)
The outfit already looks amazing that’s why I buy it and my regular camera makes it look plain and doesn’t show the detail. I wish my mirror can take pictures lol
ohh ok. same, I really wish mirrors could take pictures
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads