Am I Narcissistic?

Watch
ThGirl2234433223
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been told that I am. (Look up “definition of narcissism” to see what it means if you don’t already.) But it’s not like I don’t care about others! I do tend to put other people’s needs before mine, if I care about them. I do think I am really pretty and have been told it’s not so good to brag, even though other people tell me I’m pretty. This all started last year I think. So I used to wear just mascara for makeup. Then for no reason at all, I thought to myself, “I should not wear makeup, if I really am pretty I wouldn’t need it.” So now I don’t wear makeup. And I am aware of when I look bad. Sometimes my hair is messed up, or I look tired, or not pretty in a traditional way. But I look in the mirror and smile and tell myself I’m pretty. Is it unhealthy to tell myself I’m pretty to the point that I don’t know whether I’m right or not? Does anyone else have this problem?
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ThGirl2234433223)
I have been told that I am. (Look up “definition of narcissism” to see what it means if you don’t already.) But it’s not like I don’t care about others! I do tend to put other people’s needs before mine, if I care about them. I do think I am really pretty and have been told it’s not so good to brag, even though other people tell me I’m pretty. This all started last year I think. So I used to wear just mascara for makeup. Then for no reason at all, I thought to myself, “I should not wear makeup, if I really am pretty I wouldn’t need it.” So now I don’t wear makeup. And I am aware of when I look bad. Sometimes my hair is messed up, or I look tired, or not pretty in a traditional way. But I look in the mirror and smile and tell myself I’m pretty. Is it unhealthy to tell myself I’m pretty to the point that I don’t know whether I’m right or not? Does anyone else have this problem?
Everyone is pretty in their own way, knowing it isn't narcissistic. Narcicissm is more selfish, excessive behaviours and ideas of being the very very best at everything, but valuing yourself isn't part of that
ThGirl2234433223
Rep:
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
Everyone is pretty in their own way, knowing it isn't narcissistic. Narcicissm is more selfish, excessive behaviours and ideas of being the very very best at everything, but valuing yourself isn't part of that
ah, thamk you!! (although yes, to be honest i do think of myself as best sometimes, i try not to
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Being comfortable and confident in your appearance doesn't mean you're a narcissist - it's quite a serious and complex term which most people use lightly without any consideration as to what narcissism actually is
ThGirl2234433223
Rep:
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Being comfortable and confident in your appearance doesn't mean you're a narcissist - it's quite a serious and complex term which most people use lightly without any consideration as to what narcissism actually is
ah, okay! good to know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (38)
6.52%
October 2021 (261)
44.77%
November 2021 (70)
12.01%
December 2021 (74)
12.69%
January 2021 (75)
12.86%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (46)
7.89%