A-level Integration Maths Question Help

Watch
gaminghoodwink
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Could someone help me with the below question. So far I have found that the integral of x^2lnx is 1/3 . x^3 . lnx - x^3. 1/9
gaminghoodwink
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Name:  mmmm.PNG
Views: 5
Size:  89.9 KB
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So sub in the integration limits. Youre told the upper limit. The lower limit is when the integrand is 0, so x=...
gaminghoodwink
Rep:
(Original post by mqb2766)
So sub in the integration limits. Youre told the upper limit. The lower limit is when the integrand is 0, so x=...
isnt it not from 1 as that is when it crosses the x axis
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gaminghoodwink)
isnt it not from 1 as that is when it crosses the x axis
yes the lower limit is 1.
gaminghoodwink
Rep:
so from 1 to e
gaminghoodwink
Rep:
I got p = 2/9 and q = 1/9
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Could someone help me with the below question. So far I have found that the integral of x^2lnx is 1/3 . x^3 . lnx - x^3. 1/9
your integral is fine ( there would be +c but next we need to put in limits so we can leave out the c )

to find the lower limit you want y to equal zero.

any thoughts ?
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got p = 2/9 and q = 1/9
Looks good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.54%
Note taking apps (6)
2.44%
Flashcards (48)
19.51%
Revision guides (15)
6.1%
Past papers (116)
47.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.25%

Watched Threads