Geography Courses that include glaciation?

Watch this thread
kgs2709
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I'm looking for a geography degree that encompasses climate change and sustainability. I am particularly interested in glaciers. Any advice would be very much appreciated. My predicted grades are A*AA. I really liked Bristol and Exeter when I visited.
LivQMUL
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by kgs2709)
Hi, I'm looking for a geography degree that encompasses climate change and sustainability. I am particularly interested in glaciers. Any advice would be very much appreciated. My predicted grades are A*AA. I really liked Bristol and Exeter when I visited.
Hey!

I'm not sure if you're considering a London uni at all but I am a first year BSc Geography student at Queen Mary (entry requirements would be ABB) and we've covered A LOT on climate change and sustainability as well as done a bit about glaciers.

You have the option to pick modules in your second and third year and I'm sure there will be something to pick about the cryosphere and glaciers too! They're subject to change so I can't guarantee what modules will be available for myself next year, let alone when you'd be in your second year haha

But I think Queen Mary is great for geography because we cover a lot of the things you're interested in, particularly on the BSc course which puts a focus on physical geography. Environmental science could be a great option if you were interested in the very sciencey part of geography as well!

I hope this gave you some good info!

- Liv, Student Ambassador and Official Rep
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi @kgs2709,
I do the environmental science course at Sheffield Hallam and I would really recommend it. In the first year you study a wide range of subjects, including physical geography, sustainability and climate. In the second year you can narrow your modules down to suit your interests, (there is a glaciation module in the second year that includes a trip to Iceland). Its a really flexible and comprehensive course so I can only recommend it to you if Sheffield Hallam would be a possibility for you. Hope this helps.
-Grace.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I dont know about their course but Swansea University has a leading expert in glaciation

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/press-offi...nour-list-.php
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads