Would any uni accept someone with poor attendance at school.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically my friend has 48% attendance at school this year since September. She’s also had Covid twice (which isn’t included in the percentage). Would any uni accept her or has she blown her chances? Also all her excuses for being off school are stupid
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
How would a university know about her attendance? Are the school saying they will include that in her reference
nicolegrace1207
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Uni’s don’t know about your attendance unless your teachers specifically put it in your reference, which would he really assy of them.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically my friend has 48% attendance at school this year since September. She’s also had Covid twice (which isn’t included in the percentage). Would any uni accept her or has she blown her chances? Also all her excuses for being off school are stupid
schools won't mention it in a reference unless it is relevant such as someone's grades being lower than they are capable of due to missing a lot of school through a serious illness. If your friend can still get high grades despite her many absenses she will get accepted into unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.2%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.66%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.13%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (263)
48.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.33%

Watched Threads