The Student Room Group

Does your husband take care of you like your mum did when you were younger?

title
im not married but if I wanted to be treated like a kid again, i'd go into ddlg
I think we learn so very much from our upbringing. I was lucky enough to have two wonderful parents with whom I shared mutual love and respect, consequently I have a healthy self image and I know my worth.
I ain’t taking no **** !
In answer to your question, no, no one can love you like your mum but people will treat you with the value you place upon yourself.
Reply 3
well i'm not married and doubt most users on here either, but in general does the husband take care of his wife like a mother?? lol no :nah: if anything it's the opposite way around which is why you'll sometimes hear wives complain their husband is their additional child. it's a social expectation that wives/mothers are the carers and nurturers in their household, not the father's. hard to imagine a man who wants to mother his wife especially when she's the person he's having sex with.
Reply 4
Original post by Joleee
well i'm not married and doubt most users on here either, but in general does the husband take care of his wife like a mother?? lol no :nah: if anything it's the opposite way around which is why you'll sometimes hear wives complain their husband is their additional child. it's a social expectation that wives/mothers are the carers and nurturers in their household, not the father's. hard to imagine a man who wants to mother his wife especially when she's the person he's having sex with.

What about for a disabled person?
Never been married but based on relationships I have been in and have seen other people be in (including marriage), no. A partner is much less likely than a parent to love you unconditionally and to do things selflessly for you. And lets not forget that sexism sill exists and in many households, if anyone is being looked after in the way you describe, it is certainly not the woman.
(edited 2 years ago)
No, not married.
That said, if any husband tried half the treatment my violent and controlling mother did when I was living with parents- he would wish that he had never met me or any of my canine pals. :cool:
Original post by londonmyst
No, not married.
That said, if any husband tried half the treatment my violent and controlling mother did when I was living with parents- he would wish that he had never met me or any of my canine pals. :cool:

PRSOM. That made me laugh.
Original post by summerbirdreads
PRSOM. That made me laugh.

abuse is hardly something to laugh about...
Original post by black tea
abuse is hardly something to laugh about.

I wasn't laughing at the abuse

he would wish that he had never met me or any of my canine pals. :cool:

Just that sentence.
Original post by londonmyst
No, not married.

PRSOM
My father right up to the day he died treated my mother not like a child but definitely like a Queen, without ever letting himself be walked on. Hard act to follow for any husband of mine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending