How to forget about a guy?!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m always thinking of him, he is always at the back of my mind, no matter what I do and it seriously affects my concentration but I can’t seem to help it.
Help me
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m always thinking of him, he is always at the back of my mind, no matter what I do and it seriously affects my concentration but I can’t seem to help it.
Help me
Keep yourself busy, either with work or a hobby. That way your mind will be occupied with other stuff rather than him
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You can't forget him, almost impossible. Keep him out of your view for a start.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
Keep yourself busy, either with work or a hobby. That way your mind will be occupied with other stuff rather than him
I have a job that keeps me busy but subconsciously he’s still playing in my head. When I need to study I just wonder about him, this is what needs to stop.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HotIronOnEar)
You can't forget him, almost impossible. Keep him out of your view for a start.
Okay so I don’t mean forget, I just mean how not to think of him excessively?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Help me
Okie
so I asked this same question 4 months ago
I wanted to get over a guy and I was OBSESSED with him to the point where I thought he was the loml lol
so here’s what i did

I listened to the songs that reminded me of him on repeat until I didn’t think of him anymore
i wore the hoodie I was wearing when we had our first kiss, I now where it w/o even thinking about that mf
i understood what he did to hurt me and how he messed up, I realised he was a walking red flag
I took his friends and now he regrets everything and wants me back because I focused on myself and ignored his whole entire existence

don’t know if that’s helpful but it’s the advice i got when I was in a rough situation too
Anonymous #1
Okie
so I asked this same question 4 months ago
I wanted to get over a guy and I was OBSESSED with him to the point where I thought he was the loml lol
so here’s what i did

I listened to the songs that reminded me of him on repeat until I didn’t think of him anymore
i wore the hoodie I was wearing when we had our first kiss, I now where it w/o even thinking about that mf
i understood what he did to hurt me and how he messed up, I realised he was a walking red flag
I took his friends and now he regrets everything and wants me back because I focused on myself and ignored his whole entire existence

don’t know if that’s helpful but it’s the advice i got when I was in a rough situation too
Well this is useful but I’m in a sticky situation but also kind of similar, so the guy I’m obsessed with I’ve known for a year, he was a great friend but things escalated, then he was busy with uni and I met (who I thought was the love of my life) and we had a lovely 3 months before he had to go back home and a long distance relationship just wasn’t for us. So moving on, I got approached by my “close” friend again and we had an amazing summer. Only problem is, he’s gotten back into a good routine whereas I’m stuck in my thoughts. We try to talk everyday or at least once or twice a week, he just makes me so happy. I just need to be able to actually live without constantly thinking of him. I’ll try what you have suggested because the thing you said about songs actually worked for my ex.
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Okay so I don’t mean forget, I just mean how not to think of him excessively?
Like I said, you'll think less about him if you don't look at him.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HotIronOnEar)
Like I said, you'll think less about him if you don't look at him.
I can’t even see him, he’s miles away
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.59%
October 2021 (88)
48.35%
November 2021 (17)
9.34%
December 2021 (29)
15.93%
January 2021 (15)
8.24%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
9.89%