Which unis are best to apply for in Scotland?

Watch this thread
PotNoodlesss
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I want to study nursing in Scotland but I dont know which unis I should apply for, any ideas?
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Come to Edinburgh.

We have:
- Castle
- Extinct Volcano
- Plentiful hills nearby
- Lots of bird reserves nearby
- The Gothic Rocket
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by PotNoodlesss)
I want to study nursing in Scotland but I dont know which unis I should apply for, any ideas?
There's not such a thing as thee best university for Nursing. I studied at Edinburgh Napier for midwifing and it was second to none teaching with staff there. A registered midwife.

But in Edinburgh you have Napier - which has over 95% success rates for passing your nursing degree course.

Also in edinburgh there's - ( 1) Queens Margaret University on outskirt on borderline of Edinburgh & Musselburgh. (2) Edinburgh university.

Glasgow you got - University of West Scotland in Hamilton/Paisley & Ayr as 3 campus's they got ). (2) Glasgow Caledonian - this is main one (3) Strathclyde University, (4)) Glasgow University.

There's Stirling University
There's Abertay University ( campus in Kirkcaldy & Dundee area ).
There's Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen
There's university of the Highlands and Islands in Inverness.

Like post #2 said about Edinburgh as its full of history plus lots of things to do & see and bars etc.

Glasgow has similar history to explore and places to go and see and lots of nightlife as well.

Stirling you have history with castle plus history of the battles over the years, there's nightlife as well. Not far from great walks with loch Lomond national park.
econhelp525
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
It probably doesn't matter where you go for nursing (I think it follows the same rationale as medicine), but some universities that are generally good all around are Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, St Andrews (although I don't think they do nursing).
agranagrawal
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
What about University of west of Scotland?
Is it hard to get in?

Acceptance rate of this university is around 57%.
Please help me out.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by agranagrawal)
What about University of west of Scotland?
Is it hard to get in?

Acceptance rate of this university is around 57%.
Please help me out.
Napier university has over 95% pass rate for nursing courses and is highest in Scotland........
Don't matter where you go for a nursing course as the course is same regardless as it how you get taught it at each university is the only thing is different.

But that don't matter as long as the person pass a credited degree course for the NMC. No it ain't hard to get in as long you meeting the university minimum entry requirements and you do a good personal statement and if successful there you'll get a interview and you'll need to perform good and then hope you'll get a offer.
agranagrawal
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thank you for reply.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thank you for reply.
Much welcome

I went to Napier for midwifing and passed with I had high marks throughout my 3 years when doing exams /assessments etc and they are very helpful the staff.
agranagrawal
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I heard that they prefer Scottish first then they give places to others. Being international student, i think it's hard for me to get into Scottish Universities.
So, I will put it as a back up plan.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I heard that they prefer Scottish first then they give places to others. Being international student, i think it's hard for me to get into Scottish Universities.
So, I will put it as a back up plan.
No they tend to treat everybody equal but I think that they have xxxx allocation of international students they take on each year so maybe this where you thinking on this.

You won't know untill you apply to universities about it.

You could always contact them and get information on things so you know the situation okay.
PotNoodlesss
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
There's not such a thing as thee best university for Nursing. I studied at Edinburgh Napier for midwifing and it was second to none teaching with staff there. A registered midwife.

But in Edinburgh you have Napier - which has over 95% success rates for passing your nursing degree course.

Also in edinburgh there's - ( 1) Queens Margaret University on outskirt on borderline of Edinburgh & Musselburgh. (2) Edinburgh university.

Glasgow you got - University of West Scotland in Hamilton/Paisley & Ayr as 3 campus's they got ). (2) Glasgow Caledonian - this is main one (3) Strathclyde University, (4)) Glasgow University.

There's Stirling University
There's Abertay University ( campus in Kirkcaldy & Dundee area ).
There's Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen
There's university of the Highlands and Islands in Inverness.

Like post #2 said about Edinburgh as its full of history plus lots of things to do & see and bars etc.

Glasgow has similar history to explore and places to go and see and lots of nightlife as well.

Stirling you have history with castle plus history of the battles over the years, there's nightlife as well. Not far from great walks with loch Lomond national park.
thank you, this helped me quite a bit to decide
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
thank you, this helped me quite a bit to decide
You are welcome x
Hopefully you'll decide where you want to go for nursing as it's upto at end of the day which university you chose to goto... X
Will you let me know things when you apply and get offers from ...x
Good luck in meantime on you applying
PotNoodlesss
Rep:
Thank you x
I finally sent my application off yesterday and I've applied for: Uni of Stirling, Uni of Dundee, Edinburgh Napier, Uni of Hull and GCU.
I really wanted to go to Robert Gordon University but I needed a written alevel as well as my Level 3 Extended Dip qualification to get in.
I'll update you on the offers I get too
PotNoodlesss
Rep:
(Original post by Tracey_W)
You are welcome x
Hopefully you'll decide where you want to go for nursing as it's upto at end of the day which university you chose to goto... X
Will you let me know things when you apply and get offers from ...x
Good luck in meantime on you applying
Thank you x
I finally sent my application off yesterday and I've applied for: Uni of Stirling, Uni of Dundee, Edinburgh Napier, Uni of Hull and GCU.
I really wanted to go to Robert Gordon University but I needed a written alevel as well as my Level 3 Extended Dip qualification to get in.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thank you x
Hi potnoodelss
You are welcome okay x

Good to hear you finally got the applications away yesterday for your chosen universities.

Good choices with your universities like and Hull seem fine.

Oh I see you needing written proof of A-levels & level 3 extended dip for RGU which I never knew of this but do now.
So RGU is top choice for you and hope you get this providing you provide them with relevant information you said they asking for.

Good luck with all of them okay and hopefully you'll get offers of interviews in due course.

Yes update me on offers you get and which one you goto as appreciated ☺
turbobaithead
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
You will ALWAYS be employed with courses like nursing and midwifery. Still, though, you should've gone to the University of Aberdeen

They have:
Mutated Seagulls
big castle
big castle 2
white big castle
And apparently some dolphins.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.8%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.28%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.52%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (23)
17.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.55%

Watched Threads