How do i stop getting my heart broken

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all need some advice

So online I met this guy and we were gonna have kids etc and a relationship. Even though I only knew him for 2 days on Snapchat and it sounded stupid. Anyway, I sent him a lot of things, we had a fun and wild conversation going always sending photos and deep conversations, and all of a sudden he is really mad at me today. We aren't talking as much, and not exciting. I'm also not feeling as much chemistry.

We were meant to meet up today or yesterday, but I delayed it out of nerves and procrastination and said I was sorry. Now he sent me a photo of him in bed, slow replies and didn't respond to my previous message so I feel kinda sad and depressed. I think he will just move on and find another girl. He's had a lot before and will probably forget me just as easily.
ThGirl2234433223
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all need some advice

So online I met this guy and we were gonna have kids etc and a relationship. Even though I only knew him for 2 days on Snapchat and it sounded stupid. Anyway, I sent him a lot of things, we had a fun and wild conversation going always sending photos and deep conversations, and all of a sudden he is really mad at me today. We aren't talking as much, and not exciting. I'm also not feeling as much chemistry.

We were meant to meet up today or yesterday, but I delayed it out of nerves and procrastination and said I was sorry. Now he sent me a photo of him in bed, slow replies and didn't respond to my previous message so I feel kinda sad and depressed. I think he will just move on and find another girl. He's had a lot before and will probably forget me just as easily.
He seems like a jerk to be honest, because he should not be too mad about that, as long as you schedule the meet for a different day soon. This situation is sort of like mine, I was going to meet with my online Snapchat boyfriend but I could not make it possible. He was not mad, just sad that we could have to wait another week or two. If he really cares about you, he would not act different, like slow replies and things. Maybe he is just sad though. (But always be careful with meeting with people you meet online!!)
Greebo85
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I would suggest you read your post out loud to yourself and see if anything strikes you as worrying in any way
Mina_Ashido19
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Greebo85)
I would suggest you read your post out loud to yourself and see if anything strikes you as worrying in any way
i agree
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry, I'm tired and I don't see what you mean
Greebo85
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I must be a bit gullible to even reply to you but….

“I met this guy online and we were going to have kids”
“I only knew him for two days on Snapchat “
“I sent him a lot of things”
“Always sending photos and deep conversations “
“We were meant to meet up today or yesterday “
“He’ll just move on and find another girl “
“He’s had a lot before and will probably forget me just as easily “

You don’t see what I mean?
No, probably not
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I must be a bit gullible to even reply to you but….

“I met this guy online and we were going to have kids”
“I only knew him for two days on Snapchat “
“I sent him a lot of things”
“Always sending photos and deep conversations “
“We were meant to meet up today or yesterday “
“He’ll just move on and find another girl “
“He’s had a lot before and will probably forget me just as easily “

You don’t see what I mean?
No, probably not
no im sorry i do not understand, you said "read your post outloud" but i did not post this, i have only replyed to it
Adz2042
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
no im sorry i do not understand, you said "read your post outloud" but i did not post this, i have only replyed to it
Greebo is saying to literally speak out the words you have typed.
that is what 'reading aloud' means.

You may have had to do it in school, where everyone in the class is reading a book, and the teacher may ask you to read paragraph 6 line 7, and you 'read aloud' to the class.

But yeah, Greebo makes a valid point.
To jump to a conclusion so early into a Snapchat conversation with someone you met online, about having kids and a full-blown relationship is a little bit worrying.

I'm curious what sort of 'things' the OP sent to this guy? What topics caused deep conversations?

Did the OP arrange a meetup and go ahead with it, or get cold feet again? - maybe if she is shy, have a video call with the person.

To the OP:
Such a shame to automatically assume the guy will move on and find someone else so quickly, because you didn't meet up.
You have to remain positive and suggest activities for you to do with him, to re-engage the convo's and then date.
Book some travel tickets today and meet him on the weekend, even if it's for an hour.
username4522078
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi all need some advice

So online I met this guy and we were gonna have kids etc and a relationship. Even though I only knew him for 2 days on Snapchat and it sounded stupid.
Stop doing that.
cablecringe
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
romeo and juliet vibes
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adz2042)
Greebo is saying to literally speak out the words you have typed.
that is what 'reading aloud' means.

You may have had to do it in school, where everyone in the class is reading a book, and the teacher may ask you to read paragraph 6 line 7, and you 'read aloud' to the class.

But yeah, Greebo makes a valid point.
To jump to a conclusion so early into a Snapchat conversation with someone you met online, about having kids and a full-blown relationship is a little bit worrying.

I'm curious what sort of 'things' the OP sent to this guy? What topics caused deep conversations?

Did the OP arrange a meetup and go ahead with it, or get cold feet again? - maybe if she is shy, have a video call with the person.

To the OP:
Such a shame to automatically assume the guy will move on and find someone else so quickly, because you didn't meet up.
You have to remain positive and suggest activities for you to do with him, to re-engage the convo's and then date.
Book some travel tickets today and meet him on the weekend, even if it's for an hour.
Three.
miser
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You fell in love quickly, so you'll fall out of love quickly as well.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You were going to have kids with someone you knew on snapchat for 2 days….?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.43%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.96%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.04%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (266)
48.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.29%

Watched Threads