Things to do in London alone

Watch
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

I'm going to London this weekend on my own. I've got about 8 hours to kill, recommend me some things to do?
Last time I visited London was about 10 year ago but I can't imagine it's changed much.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
https://www.theflashpacker.net/thing...one-in-london/
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tw1x)
Hi!

I'm going to London this weekend on my own. I've got about 8 hours to kill, recommend me some things to do?
Last time I visited London was about 10 year ago but I can't imagine it's changed much.
Depends on where in London you are. I could spend hours in the Natural History Museum and you don't have to pay anything
Tw1x
Rep:
Thanks
(Original post by harrysbar)
Depends on where in London you are. I could spend hours in the Natural History Museum and you don't have to pay anything
I have no idea! I'm meeting a friend on the evening around 8ish but apart from that I'm pretty much just doing whatever. I get in LKC station at 10.45am so just need to kill some time. I want to go Hyde park but that's the only thing I have planned. I will probably do a bit of Christmas browsing but I'm not really into shopping
HedgePig
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I agree with the harrysbar’s suggestions and would extend it to the V&A (close by) which is interesting too. I also like the National Portrait Gallery which sounds very boring but is rather fun. (There is a lovely one of an elderly plump lady farmer with a sweet smile standing in front of a flock of prize sheep. Turns out it is Beatrix Potter! And this is the sort of thing that makes it fun, seeing the pictures of people you’ve heard about - some of them looking just as stuffy as you’d expect from a formal portrait. And others not at all.)

In fact museums and art galleries are generally a good choice and usually free too.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's only about 20 minutes by tube from Kings Cross to South Kensington where the museums are. If you're not into museums the parks are a good shout but it's very cold at the moment. Maybe book to see a film at some point or even a matinee at the theatre
HedgePig
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tw1x)
…I want to go Hyde park but that's the only thing I have planned…
The Natural History Museum, Science Museum and V&A are all close to each other and close to the south-west corner of Hyde Park.
Tw1x
Rep:
(Original post by harrysbar)
It's only about 20 minutes by tube from Kings Cross to South Kensington where the museums are. If you're not into museums the parks are a good shout but it's very cold at the moment. Maybe book to see a film at some point or even a matinee at the theatre
I'm from the North, we're used to cold Thanks for the suggestions!
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tw1x)
Hi!

1. National Portrait Gallery
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Houses of Parliament
4. Harrods
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (69)
12.59%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.64%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.91%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (266)
48.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise