aayugeo
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,I have a choice of 5 A levels: maths, physics, English lit, history, economics.
I'm an international student and I'm trying my best to get a scholarship for law in the UK. Personally,I feel I will do best in English lit, history, economics (A*s) but I think I can do reasonably well in maths and physics (As). What A levels should I pick to maximize my chances of getting a scholarship from schools like Warwick for law?
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I know generally they don't care about specific subjects, scholarships should be the same I assume
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just get high grades, you should be fine and then look into what they want you to put on an application
Honey57
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Physics isn’t required but the other 4 alevels are really good. A*A*AA should be enough for you to get accepted into all universities even oxbridge!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Honey57)
Physics isn’t required but the other 4 alevels are really good. A*A*AA should be enough for you to get accepted into all universities even oxbridge!
You don't need four A levels for law - even for Oxbridge! Three is plenty.
(Original post by aayugeo)
Hello,I have a choice of 5 A levels: maths, physics, English lit, history, economics.
I'm an international student and I'm trying my best to get a scholarship for law in the UK. Personally,I feel I will do best in English lit, history, economics (A*s) but I think I can do reasonably well in maths and physics (As). What A levels should I pick to maximize my chances of getting a scholarship from schools like Warwick for law?
See above. Pick the three A levels you're strongest in, and aim for A*A*A or higher. English, history and economics are absolutely fine for law, and if you think you'll do best in those, then proceed with that.
aayugeo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You don't need four A levels for law - even for Oxbridge! Three is plenty.

See above. Pick the three A levels you're strongest in, and aim for A*A*A or higher. English, history and economics are absolutely fine for law, and if you think you'll do best in those, then proceed with that.
Thanks for the reply 😊
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aayugeo)
Thanks for the reply 😊
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (38)
6.5%
October 2021 (262)
44.79%
November 2021 (70)
11.97%
December 2021 (74)
12.65%
January 2021 (75)
12.82%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (47)
8.03%