The Student Room Group

Law A levels

Hello,I have a choice of 5 A levels: maths, physics, English lit, history, economics.
I'm an international student and I'm trying my best to get a scholarship for law in the UK. Personally,I feel I will do best in English lit, history, economics (A*s) but I think I can do reasonably well in maths and physics (As). What A levels should I pick to maximize my chances of getting a scholarship from schools like Warwick for law?
I know generally they don't care about specific subjects, scholarships should be the same I assume
Just get high grades, you should be fine and then look into what they want you to put on an application
Reply 3
Physics isn’t required but the other 4 alevels are really good. A*A*AA should be enough for you to get accepted into all universities even oxbridge!
Original post by Honey57
Physics isn’t required but the other 4 alevels are really good. A*A*AA should be enough for you to get accepted into all universities even oxbridge!

You don't need four A levels for law - even for Oxbridge! Three is plenty.
Original post by aayugeo
Hello,I have a choice of 5 A levels: maths, physics, English lit, history, economics.
I'm an international student and I'm trying my best to get a scholarship for law in the UK. Personally,I feel I will do best in English lit, history, economics (A*s) but I think I can do reasonably well in maths and physics (As). What A levels should I pick to maximize my chances of getting a scholarship from schools like Warwick for law?

See above. Pick the three A levels you're strongest in, and aim for A*A*A or higher. English, history and economics are absolutely fine for law, and if you think you'll do best in those, then proceed with that.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
You don't need four A levels for law - even for Oxbridge! Three is plenty.

See above. Pick the three A levels you're strongest in, and aim for A*A*A or higher. English, history and economics are absolutely fine for law, and if you think you'll do best in those, then proceed with that.

Thanks for the reply 😊
Original post by aayugeo
Thanks for the reply 😊

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply