Student bank account suspended/frozen

Watch
username5877123
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone had there rbs frozen before? Had my account froze on the 29th nov spent since trying to find out why. But apparently in there terms and conditions they can close account for what ever valid reason they find with out letting the customer have a conversation about the reason. I am now stuck with saas payment not having long enough to change the details for banking so it’s went to that account and now the bank are refusing to give me access or speak to me regarding this issue. Iv been in branch and called every department. Anyone have any personal experience with this ?
bits.of.bio
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You've said whatever valid reason they find - so have you been given a reason?
Did you go into your overdraft or something?
If you have money in there they can't keep it, and it can't be frozen indefinitely.
If you go into the branch try to be calm, bring proof that you own the account e.g. ID and a statement and politely ask what your next steps are.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Studenteleven11)
Anyone had there rbs frozen before? Had my account froze on the 29th nov spent since trying to find out why. But apparently in there terms and conditions they can close account for what ever valid reason they find with out letting the customer have a conversation about the reason. I am now stuck with saas payment not having long enough to change the details for banking so it’s went to that account and now the bank are refusing to give me access or speak to me regarding this issue. Iv been in branch and called every department. Anyone have any personal experience with this ?
Been dealing with any "bitcoin traders" or any other folk that wanted to use your account by any chance?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Studenteleven11)
now the bank are refusing to give me access or speak to me regarding this issue.
You're being investigated for money laundering. You should receive a letter in the post advising you of such and that you have x amount of days to move your banking arrangement elsewhere.

If you want further advice you should ask in a dedicated legal forum such as https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK as this is a serious issue and beyond the scope of this forum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.58%
Note taking apps (8)
2.11%
Flashcards (86)
22.69%
Revision guides (19)
5.01%
Past papers (173)
45.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.96%

Watched Threads