The Student Room Group

Didn't want to take me home?

During our date, he kept saying he would like a week break to another town but wouldn't speak of going around his place or around his town. Instead, was mire into going to another town.
I also told him that I need to move and find a place, and he was like oh you ll find a place. So no helping, no trying to help me look for a place, offering etc.

Also I didn't understand why a different town? Why couldn't spending a week at his place be suffice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
During our date, he kept saying he would like a week break to another town but wouldn't speak of going around his place or around his town. Instead, was mire into going to another town.
I also told him that I need to move and find a place, and he was like oh you ll find a place. So no helping, no trying to help me look for a place, offering etc.

Also I didn't understand why a different town? Why couldn't spending a week at his place be suffice?

Have you tried talking to him about this and raising the issue to see what his reasons are? Communication might clear some things up.
Reply 2
Original post by subzeroes
Have you tried talking to him about this and raising the issue to see what his reasons are? Communication might clear some things up.

you are so knowledgeable

Because his wife would find out easily if it were in his home town, hence an 'away fixture'.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Because his wife would find out easily if it were in his home town, hence an 'away fixture'.

He's 25. Unmarried
He's 25. Unmarried

Because he said so?
Maybe his place looks like a tip and he can't be bothered cleaning up for you?
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
Because he said so?

He's a student and yes he's not married
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
Maybe his place looks like a tip and he can't be bothered cleaning up for you?

He can clean it
He's a student and yes he's not married

Well you say 'dating' so i can only assume you don't really know them well, and you're not allowed to go to their house?

That tends to be a red flag and plenty of people find out the person they're dating is married/engaged/taken and just looking for discreet fun.
Well you say 'dating' so i can only assume you don't really know them well, and you're not allowed to go to their house?

That tends to be a red flag and plenty of people find out the person they're dating is married/engaged/taken and just looking for discreet fun.

Some cultures don't like people coming round their house unless they are very close with them.
From your post it doesn't sound like you've been dating for a long time, or are even properly together, so why would he help you look for a house?
Doesn't want you to see/be seen by his: parents, siblings, housemates, landlord, neighbours, gf or spouse. :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Your problem is you're expecting too much.
Are you the same person asking why a guy wanted to take you on holiday to a little costal town?
Original post by Son of the Sea
Are you the same person asking why a guy wanted to take you on holiday to a little costal town?

I suspect so, has the same ring to it as those posts, echoes of a grown woman who can't manage her own affairs.
Original post by drea_vh
Some cultures don't like people coming round their house unless they are very close with them.

*shrug* Well that's their weird thing (They don't mind being inside each other, but can't share a living room?)

I feel the OP would need to declare such cultural weirdness up front rather than us hazard guesses.
*shrug* Well that's their weird thing (They don't mind being inside each other, but can't share a living room?)

I feel the OP would need to declare such cultural weirdness up front rather than us hazard guesses.

He's quite
Also I didn't understand why a different town?

Maybe because the town he's in, he doesn't like or thinks it would be a good fit for a date with you. He values you too much (in a good way)

Why couldn't spending a week at his place be suffice?

He probably has other students in his house (shared housemates) or hasn't had the experience yet of having others in, so he's more confident in suggesting other places than his own.
Original post by Adz2042
Also I didn't understand why a different town?

Maybe because the town he's in, he doesn't like or thinks it would be a good fit for a date with you. He values you too much (in a good way)

Why couldn't spending a week at his place be suffice?

He probably has other students in his house (shared housemates) or hasn't had the experience yet of having others in, so he's more confident in suggesting other places than his own.

He said he lives alone in a studio, has isolated himself etc. I think he probably has many girls coming there or doesn't want one of them to know

Quick Reply