Dehydration not showing on bloods

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I haven't urinated in 72 hours, I feel really really unwell and I haven't been able to drink much because I keep vomiting. I have a headache and I'm really dizzy. These are all signs of dehydration

They tell me that my bloods are okay therefore I can't be dehydrated. What do I do at this point?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I haven't urinated in 72 hours, I feel really really unwell and I haven't been able to drink much because I keep vomiting. I have a headache and I'm really dizzy. These are all signs of dehydration

They tell me that my bloods are okay therefore I can't be dehydrated. What do I do at this point?
Who's "they"?

Have you called 111?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
A- You aren’t dehydrated
B- The blood test went wrong somewhere along the line
Anonymous #1
this is about to sound crazy.
My creatinine and urea are usually quite low. I read this can be caused by a Low protein diet. My family has something called MCADD which means that we can't properly absorb protein or fat.

Also, I'm hypokalemic due to a stomach condition.

could these factors skew results ?

all the signs of dehydration are there except the bloods
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Who's "they"?

Have you called 111?
Doctors on a ward.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Doctors on a ward.
So you are an inpatient at the moment and not at home?

In that case, you are already been looked after. If you are not happy with the care you're receiving - ask to speak to PALS.
Allyson2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Doctors on a ward.
(Original post by ecolier)
So you are an inpatient at the moment and not at home?

In that case, you are already been looked after. If you are not happy with the care you're receiving - ask to speak to PALS.
Agree with your comments as any issues then speak to PALS and get them to explain to you reasons of the results.

I'm bit surprised if this person been so dehydrated for such a number of days they haven't put them on a IV drip with fluids plus perhaps put in a catheter till urine is sufficiently enough okay to take it out again....!!! But I supposed the doctors must think otherwise for this ?.
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

If you haven't urinated in that long and can't keep fluids down because you're vomiting so much, then that warrants a trip to A&E.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago

Quick simple way of testing if ur dehydrated… pinch the skin? Does it bounce back quickly? If so, you’re not dehydrated.
Allyson2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)
If you haven't urinated in that long and can't keep fluids down because you're vomiting so much, then that warrants a trip to A&E.
He's already a inpatient in the hospital !!!
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You need to have a conversation with the team that are leading your care in hospital. I would be very concerned if someone has not urinated in 72 hours and it warrants further investigation.

Agree with other posters that you need to speak to PALS if you're not happy.
Anonymous #1
okay
thanks
I'll try
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.09%
October 2021 (194)
45.86%
November 2021 (44)
10.4%
December 2021 (56)
13.24%
January 2021 (46)
10.87%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.22%