The Student Room Group

Oxford rejection thread for 2022 applicants

Sooo as you can probably tell from the title of this thread, I was rejected from Oxford pre-interview.

I go to a state school and don’t know anyone else who applied meaning I’ve kinda felt a bit alone in my rejection, so I thought it might be nice if we could support each other here.

I’m not going to lie I felt really bad about my rejection and I literally had a mock exam the next day which I flunked because I was so upset :frown:

I really thought I’d get an interview as I tried so hard - it’s just not great when you’ve tried your absolute best and still fail. However, I know this happened to so so so many of us - it’s just I don’t know anyone else personally.

Here’s some questions to get to know each other and to help us feel better:

1. What are your A-Level predictions? (I think if we see how high other people’s grades are, we might not feel so bad about our own rejection)

2. What were your GCSE grades?

3. What other unis did you apply to? Any offers yet? :smile:

4. List three reasons why you’re grateful Oxford rejected you (an odd one but it’s helped me think positively)

5. What other uni will be your first choice now?

6. How did you handle the rejection initially? Has it gotten any better yet?

7. State school or private school?

8. Subject applied for?
Original post by hamlethoratio
Sooo as you can probably tell from the title of this thread, I was rejected from Oxford pre-interview.

I go to a state school and don’t know anyone else who applied meaning I’ve kinda felt a bit alone in my rejection, so I thought it might be nice if we could support each other here.

I’m not going to lie I felt really bad about my rejection and I literally had a mock exam the next day which I flunked because I was so upset :frown:

I really thought I’d get an interview as I tried so hard - it’s just not great when you’ve tried your absolute best and still fail. However, I know this happened to so so so many of us - it’s just I don’t know anyone else personally.

Here’s some questions to get to know each other and to help us feel better:

1. What are your A-Level predictions? (I think if we see how high other people’s grades are, we might not feel so bad about our own rejection)

2. What were your GCSE grades?

3. What other unis did you apply to? Any offers yet? :smile:

4. List three reasons why you’re grateful Oxford rejected you (an odd one but it’s helped me think positively)

5. What other uni will be your first choice now?

6. How did you handle the rejection initially? Has it gotten any better yet?

7. State school or private school?

8. Subject applied for?

I’ll start!

1. A*A*A*A*
2. 99999888887
3. I’ve got 3 offers but I’m really waiting one Durham! If they reject me I’ll go York
4. I’m not sure I could handle the stress there - the application process itself burnt me out, it’s shown me that academics aren’t the be-all or -end-all (being happy and surrounded by friends who are there for you is important too), it’s take a bit of pressure off - now I know that I’m rejected I don’t have to worry about it anymore, the worst has happened already
5. Durham (oops already answered above)
6. Not great - I read the email for about ten mins not even crying because I didn’t believe it. Then I cried for hours and kept asking (rhetorically) why I wasn’t good enough for them, basically self-deprecation. Now though I’m still upset a bit but I feel a lot better - I might even be happier elsewhere.
7. State

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending