What is your favourite Christmas carol?

Watch this thread
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
As in the title, which Christmas carol do you most look forward to listening to, or singing in church or elsewhere?

Embedding a YouTube video is very much encouraged!

I'm a big believer in distinguishing between Christmas carols and Christmas songs, so you can also weigh in on the songs debate here!

How do I embed a YouTube video into TSR?

You need to copy the bit of the address after the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= and place it within [youtube][/youtube] tags.

e.g. You can turn [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/url] into [youtube]dQw4w9WgXcQ[youtube] and it should embed a video into TSR for you.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Sans Day Carol, and I love God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, which seems to have got a bit of a new lease of life on TikTok this Christmas!

username4522078
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I like the ones that I used to sing at school as a child like the classics: away in a manger, joy to the world, and silent night. Makes me think of school plays and carol concerts which always got me feeling festive :love:
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen I like, probably because it's in a minor key.

I don't think you can really beat a rousing Hark the Herald Angels at the end of Christmas day mass though.
Last edited by PinkMobilePhone; 5 months ago
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
I don't think you can really beat a rousing Hark the Herald Angels at the end of Christmas day mass though.
This I was thinking about the other day actually, it (and, though imo to a lesser extent, O Come All Ye Faithful) are the hymns that when you belt them out in church you know it's Christmas!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (68)
66.02%
No (26)
25.24%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.74%

Watched Threads