Applying to BSMS A100 with a Masters as a grad

Watch
Char_Aznable
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I was wondering if there is anyone who got into graduate entry medicine with a masters degree at Brighton and Sussex Medical University. Is the process the same as Guaranteed Interview Scheme (the one you get in your 3rd year of your BSc degree) or is it a totally different process? How hard is it to get an offer as a graduate with a masters? Thanks.
Last edited by Char_Aznable; 1 month ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Char_Aznable)
Hi! I was wondering if there is anyone who got into graduate entry medicine with a masters degree at Brighton and Sussex Medical University. Is the process the same as Guaranteed Interview Scheme (the one you get in your 3rd year of your BSc degree) or is it a totally different process? How hard is it to get an offer as a graduate with a masters? ? Thanks.
BSMS doesn't do GEM (the 4 year courses, usually as known as A101). You'd be applying as a grad to their 5 year A100 course.

I have edited your title for you.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Char_Aznable
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
BSMS doesn't do GEM (the 4 year courses, usually as known as A101). You'd be applying as a grad to their 5 year A100 course.

I have edited your title for you.
Ah, my mistake. I meant the one that you mentioned, the 5 year course. Does having a masters degree increase my chances of getting an offer?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ah, my mistake. I meant the one that you mentioned, the 5 year course. Does having a masters degree increase my chances of getting an offer?
There's no mention of it here: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate....aspx#graduate
Scsyk2134
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No it doesn’t, as long as you meet the minimum entry requirements then you’re considered equally with the other applicants
futuremedic1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I was wondering if there is anyone who got into graduate entry medicine with a masters degree at Brighton and Sussex Medical University. Is the process the same as Guaranteed Interview Scheme (the one you get in your 3rd year of your BSc degree) or is it a totally different process? How hard is it to get an offer as a graduate with a masters? Thanks.
the guaranteed interview scheme only applies if you do biomed/ med neuroscience or pharmacy at either brighton uni or sussex uni and you are in your 1st or final year
Char_Aznable
Rep:
(Original post by Anonmed9879)
Hi,

I’m at Brighton for my Msc, it’s only guaranteed if you are studying Biomedical Science or any allied subjects at Brighton or Sussex and meet other requirements such as GCSE and excellent attendance for the guaranteed interview scheme, which is usually applied for in the second year of undergraduate study or third year if you are an integrated masters student,

in terms of grads, it’s a 2:1 or higher and for this year we are assessed in terms of our recent achievement rather than the newer a level requirement.

any questions let me know,

thanks
Hi! Thank you for the response. Since I am currently in my final year, I am planning on doing masters and then see where I go from there. Since I didn't apply for the guaranteed intervivew scheme, I'll try for the normal graduate entry for the 5 year course. I have checked their website and it says that they want 3B's in A Levels but they will focus on the recent achievements more. So I was wondering if you have any idea if they focus on A Level during the application process?

Since you are doing your MSc at Brighton, I had a question. Their requirements are 2:1 but do you know if they pick anyone below like 2:2? And how is it so far?

Thanks!
Anonmed9879
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Thank you for the response. Since I am currently in my final year, I am planning on doing masters and then see where I go from there. Since I didn't apply for the guaranteed intervivew scheme, I'll try for the normal graduate entry for the 5 year course. I have checked their website and it says that they want 3B's in A Levels but they will focus on the recent achievements more. So I was wondering if you have any idea if they focus on A Level during the application process?

Since you are doing your MSc at Brighton, I had a question. Their requirements are 2:1 but do you know if they pick anyone below like 2:2? And how is it so far?

Thanks!
The standard requirement is 2:1 at undergraduate level. Msc is not of any merit (I believe). Brighton only do the 5 year A100 course, so there is no option for the 4 year course, typically aimed at grads.

Hope that helps.
Char_Aznable
Rep:
(Original post by Anonmed9879)
The standard requirement is 2:1 at undergraduate level. Msc is not of any merit (I believe). Brighton only do the 5 year A100 course, so there is no option for the 4 year course, typically aimed at grads.

Hope that helps.
I see. BTW, do you know if Brighton Uni take student's who achived below 2:1 for Masters?
Anonmed9879
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I see. BTW, do you know if Brighton Uni take student's who achived below 2:1 for Masters?
I don’t think so, as it was a specifically answered Q on the admissions FAQ. See the website.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
6.94%
October 2021 (116)
47.35%
November 2021 (25)
10.2%
December 2021 (32)
13.06%
January 2021 (21)
8.57%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.61%