McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you have not yet submitted your UCAS application - do it soon.
You are then likely to have at least some offers before Christmas - and that also means you wont be fretting about your application/choices/PS over Christmas and you can actually relax.

If you leave it until after Christmas, not only will you annoy school staff. but your application will get caught up in the January deadline tidalwave of last minute applications. It takes weeks for Uni staff to deal with this and it means you will wait much longer for any decisions.

Get your PS finished and everything checked this week - and then submit your application. You can then get on with other stuff.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If you have not yet submitted your UCAS application - do it soon.
You are then likely to have at least some offers before Christmas - and that also means you wont be fretting about your application/choices/PS over Christmas and you can actually relax.

If you leave it until after Christmas, not only will you annoy school staff. but your application will get caught up in the January deadline tidalwave of last minute applications. It takes weeks for Uni staff to deal with this and it means you will wait much longer for any decisions.

Get your PS finished and everything checked this week - and then submit your application. You can then get on with other stuff.
Agreed, also some sixth forms/colleges like mine have set mock examinations for January time, being able to do interviews/ simply apply before January is really helpful for you. As during your exams you won’t be worrying about universities.
CJRJONES
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
My college/head of department won't send any applications out till after the Christmas holidays- basically the week before the deadline we've been told. Will this affect my chances of getting into my chosen unis? I'm really stressing as I require a portfolio which our teacher is saying not to worry about yet at all and we've only been told to work on our personal statements for less than a month so I'm just becoming more and more worried about my application!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CJRJONES)
My college/head of department won't send any applications out till after the Christmas holidays- basically the week before the deadline we've been told. Will this affect my chances of getting into my chosen unis? I'm really stressing as I require a portfolio which our teacher is saying not to worry about yet at all and we've only been told to work on our personal statements for less than a month so I'm just becoming more and more worried about my application!
It’s absolutely fine to apply after Christmas. A lot of colleges submit applications in the week or so before the deadline - especially colleges where many students have joined 1 or 2 year courses and so teachers haven’t known them very long.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Get your application submitted - and then you can relax over Christmas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed