The Student Room Group

How tall am I gonna be?

Right hey. I’m just gonna go straight into it. I am 5”4 or 5”5 for sure. I am 14. I am scared I’m gonna be small forever. So basically, when I was like 10 I was like 4’10 at least I used to be tiny. I have a twin sister and she was taller than me she was like 5’3. But when I was 11 I grew and reached the same height as my sister. I hit puberty early, I started getting a voice change at 12. and from 12 to 13 I continued growing and now I am taller than my twin sister by at least 3 inches. My mum is 5’1 and my dad is 5’5 or 5’6. I am now 5’4 or 5’5 (I haven’t measured). I am closing up to my dad and I’ve read that your final height is gonna be like your dad’s. I came quite early in puberty which means an early end in growth according to the internet. I am pretty far in puberty I guess I’ve got pube hair, hairy legs, tiny mustache, no facial hair, deep voice. I started getting these changes at 12. I am scared I am gonna be small forever though. Although I’m almost taller than my dad I really don’t wanna be his height. Please help me find out what my future height will be. People say that I’m finished growing but I don’t think I am, there’s people with beard in my year group and I don’t have a beard yet so I don’t think I’m finished. And have i had my growth spurt yet or has my sister just simply stopped growing. And when do you think I’ll have my growth spurt? Help I’m worrying. Thank you.
Original post by yeyeskizzzz
Right hey. I’m just gonna go straight into it. I am 5”4 or 5”5 for sure. I am 14. I am scared I’m gonna be small forever. So basically, when I was like 10 I was like 4’10 at least I used to be tiny. I have a twin sister and she was taller than me she was like 5’3. But when I was 11 I grew and reached the same height as my sister. I hit puberty early, I started getting a voice change at 12. and from 12 to 13 I continued growing and now I am taller than my twin sister by at least 3 inches. My mum is 5’1 and my dad is 5’5 or 5’6. I am now 5’4 or 5’5 (I haven’t measured). I am closing up to my dad and I’ve read that your final height is gonna be like your dad’s. I came quite early in puberty which means an early end in growth according to the internet. I am pretty far in puberty I guess I’ve got pube hair, hairy legs, tiny mustache, no facial hair, deep voice. I started getting these changes at 12. I am scared I am gonna be small forever though. Although I’m almost taller than my dad I really don’t wanna be his height. Please help me find out what my future height will be. People say that I’m finished growing but I don’t think I am, there’s people with beard in my year group and I don’t have a beard yet so I don’t think I’m finished. And have i had my growth spurt yet or has my sister just simply stopped growing. And when do you think I’ll have my growth spurt? Help I’m worrying. Thank you.

A generous maximum height here would be 5'10''
No point in worrying because height is for the most part immutable.
I am 17 and 5" taller than my dad, so it is not always true you'll be the same height. Pretty sure I am still growing, wish I could stop now! All of my friends have continued to grow taller well after 14.

All you can do is wait and see.
Reply 3
I wouldn't worry abt it when you're 14, you will most likely still have a growth spurt soon. I found that from year 10 up to year 12 was when i noticed the most change in the boys around me haha
You could stop growing at 14, but that is usually a sign of lack of HGH apparently. Lionel Messi was expected to be 5ft something really low if he never got the HGH treatment.

(Edit: Not even 5ft, he’s have been under 5ft)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
by the time you are in college you will elongate do not worry

Quick Reply

Latest