One grade below entry requirements, will UOM accept me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I've got A level grades ABC and am thinking of applying to uni of Manchester for criminology and sociology or just sociology but the grade requirements are ABB. Is there a chance they'll accept me?
Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Call them and ask
kcsjeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
unfortunately, i doubt it. They might not even accept it if you had A*BC!
but definitely call them!
econhelp525
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
They may make you an offer, but the most common grades achieved my candidates for the course is ABB, so if you don't achieve that on Results Day, you might not be accepted anyway.
econhelp525
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kcsjeo)
unfortunately, i doubt it. They might not even accept it if you had A*BC!
but definitely call them!
I doubt it. I don't think it's a very popular course if they're advertising it at ABB. When I was applying back in 2019 for 2020 entry (granted, very different circumstances!), I was predicted A*AB, with a B in maths, and got 5/5 offers from Bath, Birmingham, Exeter, York, Nottingham; Notts, Birmingham, BATH all wanting A in maths. This was for Economics, a much more competitive degree. So I definitely don't think an offer is outside the realm of possibility for OP.
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
bad uni so they will accept
lycheegal
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Possibly, I ended up getting into geography there even though I was below the entry requirements partly because of my EPQ, doing an access scheme and also I guess they just liked me/had spare space I don't even know. So worth a shot
Anonymous #1
Okay thanks. How far below the entry requirements were you if you don't mind me asking?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lycheegal)
Possibly, I ended up getting into geography there even though I was below the entry requirements partly because of my EPQ, doing an access scheme and also I guess they just liked me/had spare space I don't even know. So worth a shot
Okay thanks. How far below the entry requirements were you if you don't mind me asking?
lycheegal
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think they wanted AAA (normally AAB but I was applying for the international study course) - and I got BBB. So I think they officialy reduced my offer to ABB because of EPQ and access course meaning I was still one below my offer but got in
skylark2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When you say "got" do you mean that you have already taken your A levels and have achieved grades, or do you mean that those are your predictions?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by skylark2)
When you say "got" do you mean that you have already taken your A levels and have achieved grades, or do you mean that those are your predictions?
Yeah, I've already taken my A levels and achieved those grades in September. Sorry should have made that more clear.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah, I've already taken my A levels and achieved those grades in September. Sorry should have made that more clear.
I mean in August
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (77)
20.87%
Note taking apps (7)
1.9%
Flashcards (85)
23.04%
Revision guides (19)
5.15%
Past papers (167)
45.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.79%

Watched Threads