Jshek
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone teach me how they got R and R for first and second stereogenic centre I’m so lost for example 1
Jshek
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Name:  8A58AD2D-9637-455C-A9EF-E7A6F509B3D8.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  121.7 KB
charco
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jshek)
Can someone teach me how they got R and R for first and second stereogenic centre I’m so lost for example 1
Can someone teach me how to rotate images through 90º so that they are readable without neck injury?
charco
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Position the stereo-centre so that the lowest priority group is at the back.

The other three groups now form a circle. Order them in terms of priority. If the order of decreasing priority is clockwise the chiral centre is "R" (rectus = right handed).

If the order shows an anticlockwise rotation it is designated "S" for sinister = left handed.

Name:  RS1.png
Views: 13
Size:  89.2 KB
Name:  RS2.png
Views: 12
Size:  78.3 KB
Name:  RS3.png
Size:  29.8 KB
Name:  RS4.png
Size:  66.4 KB
Jshek
Rep:
(Original post by charco)
Position the stereo-centre so that the lowest priority group is at the back.

The other three groups now form a circle. Order them in terms of priority. If the order of decreasing priority is clockwise the chiral centre is "R" (rectus = right handed).

If the order shows an anticlockwise rotation it is designated "S" for sinister = left handed.

Name:  RS1.png
Size:  89.2 KB
Name:  RS2.png
Size:  78.3 KB
Name:  RS3.png
Size:  29.8 KB
Name:  RS4.png
Size:  66.4 KB
Name:  image.jpg
Size:  164.5 KB
I got a for sterogenic centre 2
Jshek
Rep:
(Original post by Jshek)
S*
charco
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jshek)
Can't you post your images the right way up, it would make life a lot easier!
charco
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jshek)
S*
Actually, I just noticed that there are 2 typos in the images. I have put anticlockwise = R, when it should be "S".
Updated here:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (79)
20.79%
Note taking apps (8)
2.11%
Flashcards (86)
22.63%
Revision guides (19)
5%
Past papers (173)
45.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.95%

Watched Threads