The Student Room Group

scared for mocks (A-level)

I have mocks soon and although I've prepared to the best of my abilities, there's always more I could have done. I'm scared the questions will be really hard and I'll get a bad score. I have high predicted grades and the start of this year has been really busy for me so I wasn't focused in class. As well as this the new strain of covid means that these mocks may be considered as our final grades, so there's a lot of pressure to do well.

I'm not confident in my abilities. Does anyone have any advice so I have more faith in my abilties because I'd score higher if I'm confident
Original post by Anonymous
I have mocks soon and although I've prepared to the best of my abilities, there's always more I could have done. I'm scared the questions will be really hard and I'll get a bad score. I have high predicted grades and the start of this year has been really busy for me so I wasn't focused in class. As well as this the new strain of covid means that these mocks may be considered as our final grades, so there's a lot of pressure to do well.

I'm not confident in my abilities. Does anyone have any advice so I have more faith in my abilties because I'd score higher if I'm confident

Hi there

You still have time to turn things around - I'd advise trying your very best for the mocks and seeing what happens. Even if exam cancellations do happen focus on your weakest subject and try your very best. I received a D in my chemistry mock exam and was given that as my final A level grade , however with hard work, a year later I received an A*. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes.
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there

You still have time to turn things around - I'd advise trying your very best for the mocks and seeing what happens. Even if exam cancellations do happen focus on your weakest subject and try your very best. I received a D in my chemistry mock exam and was given that as my final A level grade , however with hard work, a year later I received an A*. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending