Obsessive thinking

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I keep getting out of control thinking. It happens most often when I am exercising but also in bed and just doing day-to-day stuff.

The thoughts usually take the form of "you need to tell them what you did" and "why did you do it". I don't know what I did or who to tell but the thoughts are very persistant.

I told my psychiatrist today and he wanted to up my haloperidol but I don't like the side effects so refused.

Does anyone else get these kind of obsessive thoughts?
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
yh
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Intrusive thoughts- not sure if they count as obsessive but they were very distressing. But about something else.
Last edited by FutureMissMRCS; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
Intrusive thoughts- not sure if they count as obsessive but they were very distressing. But about something else.
(Original post by tinyperson)
yh
How do you deal with them?
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you deal with them?
I didn't, couldn't cope with normal life, found it highly distressing- because of the nature of the intrusive thoughts. I was a mental wreck and didn't use healthy coping strategies, because they didn't work for me, not that I'm saying you should do what I did.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
diary
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
I didn't, couldn't cope with normal life, found it highly distressing- because of the nature of the intrusive thoughts. I was a mental wreck and didn't use healthy coping strategies, because they didn't work for me, not that I'm saying you should do what I did.
But you're still around so something must have worked, right?

I want to work out tomorrow but I'm scared of the thoughts.
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But you're still around so something must have worked, right?

I want to work out tomorrow but I'm scared of the thoughts.
The possibility of going to med school for grad entry, if that doesn't work out, I can't see myself coping. The only thing keeping me together is that things are going in the right direction to make this a possibility. Literally this one sole ambition in life keeps me alive, other then that I don't have any other reasons why I'm still here. I don't have friends or family and have anhedonia. I'm not depressed. Just have to live with a BPD brain,that's a hard existence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (28)
7.11%
October 2021 (179)
45.43%
November 2021 (42)
10.66%
December 2021 (53)
13.45%
January 2021 (43)
10.91%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.64%