Foundation year and Uni accommodation

Watch
Spla917
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I just want to ask if you get treated as a first year student when you do a foundation year which leads into a main course. Will I live in the student accommodation halls, in my foundation year(0) and 1st year of the course
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
As with first years, you'll have about a year in your chosen accomodation. You'll then have to reapply (preferably when UCAS applications open). It does differ for some Universities regarding foundation year students and halls (some may not allow you to stay there, in that case, renting a flat or studio would be the only convenient, albeit more expensive option if you cannot commute).
Last edited by HotIronOnEar; 1 month ago
Spla917
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by HotIronOnEar)
As with first years, you'll have about a year in your chosen accomodation. You'll then have to reapply (preferably when UCAS applications open). It does differ for some Universities regarding foundation year students and halls (some may not allow you to stay there, in that case, renting a flat or studio would be the only convenient, albeit more expensive option if you cannot commute).
Okay, thank you for your reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (3)
5.66%
October 2021 (29)
54.72%
November 2021 (7)
13.21%
December 2021 (5)
9.43%
January 2021 (5)
9.43%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (2)
3.77%