Does weight gain make you look different??

Watch
Magicallight
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Before the pandemic back in March and before then I was no more than 90 pounds even under. I was out of work so I wanted to gain weight and I now weight 140 pounds. I’m looking at old pictures and my face looks different. Like it’s been more than a year like it’s been 5 years lol is this bad or normal??? I’m 5,6.. I went from wearing a size 0 to a 8 in jeans, I went from being a A cup to a B cup.. I went from Having deep collarbones to none
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes, weight gain often makes people look very different.
Compare the difference between Rebel Wilson's before & after photos.

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Enterta...27_4x3_992.jpg
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...S241322282.jpg
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes, weight gain often makes people look very different.
Compare the difference between Rebel Wilson's before & after photos.

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Enterta...27_4x3_992.jpg
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...S241322282.jpg
Crikey, I'd forgotten just how much of a big 'ol ******* she was! How much weight has she lost - it looks like 30kg+?
Last edited by Reality Check; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Crikey, I'd forgotten just how much of a chunk she was! How much weight has she lost - it looks like 30kg+?
Around 35kg.
She achieved her target weight of 75kg in November.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Around 35kg.
She achieved her target weight of 75kg in November.
Wow - good on her, if that's made her happy. I suppose a load of people are now hating on her for it?
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Wow - good on her, if that's made her happy. I suppose a load of people are now hating on her for it?
Her management team are far from thrilled at her new look.
Most mainstream media outlets with coverage of her new photos have been very positive, using comparisons like bond girl.
The main haters are the nasty trolls on twitter jealous that she gets more attention that they do and a few dozen grumbling facebook posters who seem not to understand that plenty of body positive people change their diet & lose weight to improve their health.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Her management team are far from thrilled at her new look.
Most mainstream media outlets with coverage of her new photos have been very positive, using comparisons like bond girl.
The main haters are the nasty trolls on twitter jealous that she gets more attention that they do and a few dozen grumbling facebook posters who seem not to understand that plenty of body positive people change their diet & lose weight to improve their health.
:laugh: - it's the usual, isn't it? Didn't we have all this with Adele, where she was immediately criticised as someone 'letting down the fatties' when she chose to loose all that weight. It was if her previous 'body confident' message about her size meant that she was tying herself into never being able to lose weight or change her size, and the moment she did it somehow meant that everything she'd previously said was somehow invalid.

Daily Mail Sidebar of Shame stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (11)
6.55%
October 2021 (80)
47.62%
November 2021 (17)
10.12%
December 2021 (27)
16.07%
January 2021 (14)
8.33%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (16)
9.52%