The Student Room Group

Plan B: New Covid Announcements 8th December

Scroll to see replies

And now the Government is reportedly considering a two-week 'circuit breaker' (mini lockdown) after chrimbo... Does anyone remember how effective the last circuit breaker we did was? I don't... I do remember the widespread criticism that it was too short to be of any use because we'd be coming out just as the effects were starting to show. Pretty sure that applies here too...

Called it... With numbers rising like they are, it wouldn't surprise me to see them panic and move it forward to cancel Christmas...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TheMcSame
And now the Government is reportedly considering a two-week 'circuit breaker' (mini lockdown) after chrimbo... Does anyone remember how effective the last circuit breaker we did was? I don't... I do remember the widespread criticism that it was too short to be of any use because we'd be coming out just as the effects were starting to show. Pretty sure that applies here too...

Called it... With numbers rising like they are, it wouldn't surprise me to see them panic and move it forward to cancel Christmas...

I warned people this would happen. During the last lockdown when everyone was assuring me that we'd be back to normal once the vaccine was rolled out, I warned people that they would always come up with another excuse to prolong this.

Do you think Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance care about your health, really? Is it possible them and the other scientists are just drunk on power and determined to keep the fear narrative going, because it's the first time in their misery little lives they've actually been relevant?
(edited 2 years ago)

they can **** right off with that my mental health has already been ruined by lockdowns if there is another i dont think i can take it
Original post by Gillian My Heart
they can **** right off with that my mental health has already been ruined by lockdowns if there is another i dont think i can take it

Oh boy, it gets better...

We're potentially locking down for 2 weeks and tightening restrictions for... Wait for it... Something that, in most cases, is no worse than the common cold!

We're not even talking flu like we were at the start. Nope. This new variant, in most people, differs very little from common cold...

For those who will undoubtedly cry about this information because this nasty virus can't possibly be comparable to something as mundane as the common cold...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59768366

There it is. UK research estimates that half of the people with a 'cold' actually have the new variant of covid. Plastered on the BBC, not some silly Dail Mail article.

We're staring down the barrel of another lockdown for a bloody bad cold. I'm actually baffled.
Oh boy, it gets better...

We're potentially locking down for 2 weeks and tightening restrictions for... Wait for it... Something that, in most cases, is no worse than the common cold!

We're not even talking flu like we were at the start. Nope. This new variant, in most people, differs very little from common cold...

For those who will undoubtedly cry about this information because this nasty virus can't possibly be comparable to something as mundane as the common cold...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59768366

There it is. UK research estimates that half of the people with a 'cold' actually have the new variant of covid. Plastered on the BBC, not some silly Dail Mail article.

We're staring down the barrel of another lockdown for a bloody bad cold. I'm actually baffled.

the BBC are a bunch of corrupt pathetic toxic *******s **** the BBC
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-new-coronavirus-restrictions-could-be-in-place-until-late-march-under-measures-examined-by-scientific-advisers-12503598

So now it seems the scientists are trying to drag this out until March at least....

Have we not been through enough? Do Whitty and Vallance not care about the mental health problems that restrictions cause? Enough is enough, we've had nearly 2 years of this crap now, and over 95% of the public have antibodies so if they still aren't happy for us to go back to normal then when exactly will that be?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Megacent
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-new-coronavirus-restrictions-could-be-in-place-until-late-march-under-measures-examined-by-scientific-advisers-12503598

So now it seems the scientists are trying to drag this out until March at least....

Have we not been through enough? Do Whitty and Vallance not care about the mental health problems that restrictions cause? Enough is enough, we've had nearly 2 years of this crap now, and over 95% of the public have antibodies so if they still aren't happy for us to go back to normal then when exactly will that be?

Do not comply if they try putting us in lockdown until March

Quick Reply