The Student Room Group

my predicted grades aren't good enough for law what do I do

I'm currently predicted an ABB, I'm trying to appeal them, but in the meantime does anyone know any good unis that would be more lenient and accept ABB? (for LLB law btw)
(edited 2 years ago)
Are you eligible for contextual offers? York LLB offers up to 2 grades below to eligible candidate's
Reply 2
Original post by econhelp525
Are you eligible for contextual offers? York LLB offers up to 2 grades below to eligible candidate's

I doubt it, I'm an international student so I don't think I'm eligible for contextual offers :frown: thank you tho!
Original post by Kei Maesa
I doubt it, I'm an international student so I don't think I'm eligible for contextual offers :frown: thank you tho!

Law's a very popular course, so I doubt any spaces would be available at good universities on results day (clearing/adjustment), so your best bet is either getting your predicted grades up, or taking a gap year after achieving AAA

You can apply to a couple of AAB unis anyway but there are decent unis you could apply to with ABB and probably get offers for Law, such as Kent, Reading, Royal Holloway, Sussex etc
Reply 5
Apply to a range of universities with different grade requirements. Feel free to have some AAB universities, but don't make all of your choices on them. Worst comes to worst, you can always have a gap year and apply again, or go through UCAS clearing, etc.
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
You can apply to a couple of AAB unis anyway but there are decent unis you could apply to with ABB and probably get offers for Law, such as Kent, Reading, Royal Holloway, Sussex etc

turns out my predicted is AAB lol my school made a mistake, but tyy I'm still gonna consider Royal Holloway anyways
Reply 7
You can apply for unis with one and sometimes two higher grade requirements. When I applied back in 2014/15, my predicted grades were AAB. I got an offer from an AAA uni and ended up studying there for three years, even though I only got AAB.
Reply 8
Original post by Ash95x
You can apply for unis with one and sometimes two higher grade requirements. When I applied back in 2014/15, my predicted grades were AAB. I got an offer from an AAA uni and ended up studying there for three years, even though I only got AAB.

hey can I ask which uni this was?
Reply 9
hey can I ask which uni this was?

It wasn't for Law. It was Cass Business School. But I'm sure most unis will be the same.

Quick Reply

Latest