The Student Room Group

DVLA Customer Support Officer

Hi just asking whether anyone recently applied for customer support officer roles with the dvla in Birmingham which was recently advertised through civil service jobs.. if so any feedback following your telephone test calls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jatt86
Hi just asking whether anyone recently applied for customer support officer roles with the dvla in Birmingham which was recently advertised through civil service jobs.. if so any feedback following your telephone test calls?

(Original post by Jatt86)
Hi, Yes I applied and I received a provisional job offer on 17/12/21.
I hope you have also now heard something good now.
Reply 2
Oh congrats! I’m actually put on a reserve list, is this normal? In the job advert it did mention about merit list orders is that what I’m on you reckon?
Reply 3
What did your score at the interview stage?
Reply 4
It could well be the merit order as I have previously worked for a different department and was on reserve list then was offered a fixed term position
Reply 5
Original post by Jatt86
What did your score at the interview stage?

The feed back for telephone scenarios was an overall 7
Reply 6
Hey congratulations on the job @cm592012! I got a provisional offer too, and I got an email saying my pre employment checks have been satisfactorily completed around 2 weeks ago and was told I'd hear from the employer shortly but I am yet to hear from them. Does anyone know how long this part of the process takes?
Reply 7
Original post by LD36933
Hey congratulations on the job @cm592012! I got a provisional offer too, and I got an email saying my pre employment checks have been satisfactorily completed around 2 weeks ago and was told I'd hear from the employer shortly but I am yet to hear from them. Does anyone know how long this part of the process takes?

Hi well done and congratulations on the job, you are further ahead of me. I'm currently waiting on a third party to do DBS as annoyingly my middle name is on every document except driving licence lol.
Please do keep us updated as if you heard 2 weeks ago then with me having to give 4 wks notice I could be looking at still a 6-8 week start
Reply 8
Original post by cm592012
Hi well done and congratulations on the job, you are further ahead of me. I'm currently waiting on a third party to do DBS as annoyingly my middle name is on every document except driving licence lol.
Please do keep us updated as if you heard 2 weeks ago then with me having to give 4 wks notice I could be looking at still a 6-8 week start

Hey @cm592012 oh yeah I understand- my birth certificate has a different spelling to my passport so I just used my passport and driving license to save the hassle lol.
I just got a call today confirming the offer and was told training will start on the 31st of January 8am-4pm I was told there's no leeway for them times (was hoping for 9-5 to make childcare easier for me! Lol).
I haven't been given any more information they just asked some questions and want to know the hours you want to do, then was told to look out for an email.
Hope you hear from them soon!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Thank you for letting us know and that's a great help as gives me a good idea on possible time scale.
I did email today so hopefully will get a reply tomorrow.
8 - 4 times first thought was oh ok however if training is onsite for me them times work well as no sitting in traffic lol.
Reply 10
No problem @cm592012 all the best. Hopefully they'll get in contact soon. They may have different training times and dates for different individuals so don't hold me on the dates I'm not sure though. And @Jatt86 they called on private so be sure to answer if you guys get a call on a private number.
Reply 11
@LD36933 many thanks and I wish you the best of luck with your start date, if either of yourselves get any other information from people being in the reserve lists in the offices please keep us updated as I am currently on a reserve list and everyday hoping I am contacted from morning to evening :frown:. By the way what was your overall score in your telephone role play by any chance @LD36933
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Hey any of yourselves heard anything back with your start dates.. so far I haven’t heard anything back from my reserve list. I’m tempted to chase up again, however last time I did, they were unable to supply me with the information which was my position in their reserve list ‘.

So I’m not sure whether I should contact them again or not or perhaps just sit back, hold tight and keep my patience. Easier said than done for me at the moment.
Original post by Jatt86
Hey any of yourselves heard anything back with your start dates.. so far I haven’t heard anything back from my reserve list. I’m tempted to chase up again, however last time I did, they were unable to supply me with the information which was my position in their reserve list ‘.

So I’m not sure whether I should contact them again or not or perhaps just sit back, hold tight and keep my patience. Easier said than done for me at the moment.

I'm still waiting but was notified yesterday my DBS was complete. I just would like to know asap especially as I need to give my 4 wks notice.
Reply 14
Being on the reserve list do I need to hope other applicants drop out or withdraw their offer for the job? Is that also how the reserve lists works too? Thanks
Original post by Jatt86

Hi
i am due to go for an interview in a week. could you tell me what the telephone interview entails? much appreciated
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
Hey @rigbymycat I hope you are well and huge congratulations on reaching the telephone interview stage. For the telephone interview it’s just an scenario based test where the interviewee pretends to be the customer and your the agent. You will be provided instructions during the call. You’ll be scored on three specific competencies scenarios which should be in the job specification. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Applied back in October initially, was put on the reserve list… I’ve now got my start date which is April 4th, found out about 5 weeks ago. Received a call from withheld number explaining next steps, so patience it will happen. Good luck all x
Reply 18
@Debbs135My start date is May. What was your overall whilst you was on the reserve list? And congratulations ! Received my call as well fortnight ago, with a follow up email and an risk assessment. Have you received your contract or when was this sent? The recruitment officer on the phone said mine will be sent nearer the starting time..
Original post by Jatt86
@Debbs135My start date is May. What was your overall whilst you was on the reserve list? And congratulations ! Received my call as well fortnight ago, with a follow up email and an risk assessment. Have you received your contract or when was this sent? The recruitment officer on the phone said mine will be sent nearer the starting time..

Thankyou, well done 😍 👏🏻 I received contract today, I start a week Monday. I’d say roughly 2 weeks before start date.
Congratulations again amazing….

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending