What to write on a CV in year 12? [iea internship]

Watch
Reckless Savage
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I plan on applying to one of the internships in the link below:

https://iea.org.uk/internships/

However they require a CV and cover letter, as someone in year 12 what do you think I should write? Should I mention what my GCSEs actually were or should I just say 'I got twenty 9s'.

Also, if someone has applied to the iea before could you tell me what you did and wrote to get them to accept you for the internship?

Thanks
Reckless Savage
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's this one: FUTURE THOUGHT LEADERS’ INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: SIXTH FORM (April)

Also, I don't have any predicted grades as I'm in year 12. Will that lower my chances?
da_nolo
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reckless Savage)
Hi guys, I plan on applying to one of the internships in the link below:

https://iea.org.uk/internships/

However they require a CV and cover letter, as someone in year 12 what do you think I should write? Should I mention what my GCSEs actually were or should I just say 'I got twenty 9s'.

Also, if someone has applied to the iea before could you tell me what you did and wrote to get them to accept you for the internship?

Thanks
hey. good luck on this. I cant be specific but some pointers.

have you considered contacting someone from the group to find out more about them and maybe some info on what they look for? sometimes this helps if they are open to it.

a. cv are great with action oriented details about your experience. e.g. recreating scholastic, vocational program to meet individual client needs.

b. highlight experiences that relate to what you will be doing as best you can. different projects or even hobbies/ personal interests - some companies accept hobbies if limited experience can apply. also shows your personal interests in what is being done. i.e. an instigram profile as it relates to photography portfolio.

c. have you volunteered anywhere? rhetorical

d. what educational accomplishments can be added to education section? rhetorical

I may ponder on this more but since you habe a litle time to send application in, there may be help from a counselor or professor.
art2write
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The report shows that grades are not important for all jobs. You have to gain more experience and skills. Optimize your CV and apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads