The Student Room Group

I have mocks in four weeks?

Can you guys advice me on how to get above a 6 in history and geography
I got a 9 in my geography mock
For paper 1 I just learnt all of the case studies and revised from my revision guide
For paper 2 I am very strong at human geography so I only revised case studies
For paper 3 you are given the issue evaluation booklet and the majority of the questions are based on that. Kind of like a comprehension however you need to evaluate it and make conclusions
It is only going to be paper 1
Original post by Harrysja
I got a 9 in my geography mock
For paper 1 I just learnt all of the case studies and revised from my revision guide
For paper 2 I am very strong at human geography so I only revised case studies
For paper 3 you are given the issue evaluation booklet and the majority of the questions are based on that. Kind of like a comprehension however you need to evaluate it and make conclusions
Original post by kayla306
Can you guys advice me on how to get above a 6 in history and geographyI

I don't do geography but I'm currently working at a 9 for history, but they are both very content heavy subjects and quite similar, so I guess info applies to both. For history, there is literally no way about it, you need to know all of the content quite well. You also need dates, facts and statistics to gain higher level marks on open ended questions. Once you've learnt the questions then learn exam structure. Think of each question as a hamburger, your point must be consistent all the way through your answer

Quick Reply