How should I revise chemistry and maths?

Watch
Okayrue
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay, i have just finished my prelims and am wanting to do better in my actual exams. My results are incredibly uneven, particularly when you consider i did not revise for history, modern studies or English but managed to pull a’s whereas i revised allot over a large amount of time for my d in chemistry. I always go to the extra help lessons that my school has twice a week but i am just stuck , and cant seem to figure it out no matter how hard i try. (Same goes for math)

How should i revise for chemistry in a more effective way?

Chemistry- 49%
History-100%
Modern Studies-98%
Maths-68%
English-79%
Biology-74%
Art- 60%
Mandarin-72%
Advertisement
TirednessInc
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Coming from someone who also had not the best grades in chemistry to going almost 3 grades up, the secret to improving is genuinely just doing loads and loads and loads of questions. Divide the subject into separate topics- make sure the content is in your head (flash cards etc) and then grind on those questions like crazy.

You’ll get sick of it and be bored but eventually you’ll realise that the questions get easier the more you do them. As for maths, the same applies. Doing loads of questions will honestly help. Doing about an hour of questions a night for each subject will do wonders.

Good luck !
libi_222
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
did nat 5 chem and maths last year n got As in both !
i didnt revise until 2 days before the exams and missed my prelims tho so not much help there
send me a dm on insta ( @0002090_ ) if u need help w a specific topic or question n ill be happy to help (taking higher chem n maths this year)

just before the exam i just read over the notes for each topic in maths then did the questions for the topics that i found on freenat5maths
and for chem i just read over ALL the notes then sat a full past paper n i was set
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (35)
22.44%
Note taking apps (5)
3.21%
Flashcards (29)
18.59%
Revision guides (5)
3.21%
Past papers (76)
48.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise