The Student Room Group

Official Canadian Universities Applicants Thread 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by robertafaladee
well done that's amazing!!
i'm sending in my trinity college applicant profile sometime this week so I'll update you!!

Im sure you'll get in. Im currently studying at Laurentian University here in Canada as i grew up here and i'm Canadian. I am looking to move to England after I graduate as I am British and I am so confused by the education system in the UK haha. Also is it easy to work in the UK with a Canadian degree? I'm taking psychology.
Reply 21
Original post by kaaaaatttee
arts & science at st george

gcses 999888776

applied dec 9 heard back jan 21

i’m a domestic student because of my dual nationality (still applied from the uk with 105 though) so not sure if that changes anything

their offer system is so confusing! im hoping since there were no specifics it’s more or less unconditional because even the info on their website seems to be conflicting

Im sure you'll get in. Im currently studying at Laurentian University here in Canada as i grew up here and i'm Canadian. I am looking to move to England after I graduate as I am British and I am so confused by the education system in the UK haha. Also is it easy to work in the UK with a Canadian degree? I'm taking psychology.
Original post by SAMISN

it should be! i havent got any experience with it but laurentian is relatively well ranked in canada and seems kind of mysterious in a good way to employers over here
Reply 23
How have I only just realised this thread existed lol

I've got offers from both UBC and UofT St George for Arts and Sciences starting this September.
Original post by Asme173

I've got offers from both UBC and UofT St George for Arts and Sciences starting this September.

well done! me too - which one do you like the best at the moment? I’m conflicted because of UofT’s ranking but UBCs proximity to my family
Original post by Asme173

Hey, I have an offer for UofT at SG campus starting this September, are you going to be going?
Reply 26
Original post by kaaaaatttee
well done! me too - which one do you like the best at the moment? I’m conflicted because of UofT’s ranking but UBCs proximity to my family

Probably UofT, I'm from the UK so distance doesn't really play a factor as it's really far regardless. But UBC seems to have a fantastic geography programme which might sway it
Hey, I have an offer for UofT at SG campus starting this September, are you going to be going?

Hopefully, still waiting on a few things from the UK first
just got an offer to study social sciences at UofT!
Original post by Anonymous

hey congrats!! what college?
hey congrats!! what college?

trinity at st. george’s campus! i’m honestly still a bit confused with the college system there :smile:
trinity at st. george’s campus! i’m honestly still a bit confused with the college system there :smile:

haha so was i :smile: i realised that the colleges don't really mean anything at all, they're just there because the university takes in many pupils and needs to delegate them to specific colleges so that they can keep track over administrative stuff. it's also so that you can be allocated to a specific residence :smile: is uoft your first choice? are you an international student?
haha so was i :smile: i realised that the colleges don't really mean anything at all, they're just there because the university takes in many pupils and needs to delegate them to specific colleges so that they can keep track over administrative stuff. it's also so that you can be allocated to a specific residence :smile: is uoft your first choice? are you an international student?

Aaah okay thanks!! yeah i’m from the Uk. What about you?
Aaah okay thanks!! yeah i’m from the Uk. What about you?

yeah! i'm also from the uk :smile: did you apply through UCAS as well? if so, where did u apply?
is uoft your first choice?

congratulations!! :smile:
yeah! i'm also from the uk :smile: did you apply through UCAS as well? if so, where did u apply?
is uoft your first choice?

Sorry, just realised i had the anonymous box ticked this entire time! I applied to UCL, Kings, LSE, Bath and Cambridge

It's the only canadian uni I applied for so in that respect yes but I'm thinking of taking a gap year so everything is really up in the air at the moment!

How about you?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jazzy-23
Sorry, just realised i had the anonymous box ticked this entire time! I applied to UCL, Kings, LSE, Bath and Cambridge

It's the only canadian uni I applied for so in that respect yes but I'm thinking of taking a gap year so everything is really up in the air at the moment!

How about you?

haha no worries! I applied to Exeter, Bristol, Durham, St Andrews and Sussex :smile: you sound hella smart!!, did you get an offer from any of your UK unis??
and same, it's the only canadian uni I applied to.
how are you thinking of funding your tuition?
Hey everyone! I applied to UBC and UofT both for History- got an offer for UofT (got into University College), just waiting on UBC because I had to resubmit some documents lmao
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mlee531
Hey everyone! I applied to UBC and UofT both for History- got an offer for UofT (got into University College), just waiting on UBC because I had to resubmit some documents lmao

hii! congrats!! i got an offer at uoft in woodsworth :smile:are you an international student??
haha no worries! I applied to Exeter, Bristol, Durham, St Andrews and Sussex :smile: you sound hella smart!!, did you get an offer from any of your UK unis??
and same, it's the only canadian uni I applied to.
how are you thinking of funding your tuition?

i got an offer from bath but am yet to hear back from all the london unis and i got rejected from Cambridge post interview :frown:
I applied for the lester b pearson scholarship so I'm hoping to get that because its so expensive!!
what course did you apply for?
bruh it's amazing to even get an interview so well done :smile:
mmm i didn't manage to apply for the lester b scholarship but i did get a 50k cad scholarship for first year which means its around 6k
i guess it is better than nothing aha

i applied for humanities at st george to hopefully major in international relations :smile:
if i don't get in then political science / sociology is probably the next best thing.

at all my uk unis i applied for ir / politics + ir

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending