Official Hong Kong University 2022 applicant thread

Watch
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Hong Kong University for 2022! :woo:

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
yuningzhang
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Anyone received interview invitation from either HKU or HKUST? I just got one from HKUST and I wonder what questions they are going to ask in the interview. I applied for accounting and finance.
charmaineho
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yuningzhang)
Anyone received interview invitation from either HKU or HKUST? I just got one from HKUST and I wonder what questions they are going to ask in the interview. I applied for accounting and finance.
mines was an online interview with five questions, one minute for each question.
basiltime
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
applying HKU med here! i'm not in hk atm so hopefully they'll get back to me soon about how my interview's gonna be
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hoping to see if there is anyone also applying to my programs!
I’m currently first year student at a university, and I applied to HKU’s speech and hearing sciences program and CUHK’s LLB program. I’m a non-jupas applicant and I am applying with my IB score.

Just finished my interview for speech and hearing sciences and don’t feel great about it haha.

Haven’t heard anything from cuhk LLB either :-(
yuningzhang
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by charmaineho)
mines was an online interview with five questions, one minute for each question.
yeah same, and I don't think I did it well
Intramoon
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
were the questions mainly about your course or general questions? i applied for biochemistry in october and havent got any reply yet
Last edited by Intramoon; 4 weeks ago
janicex
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone got offers from HKU? I submitted my application on 7th Nov but still haven't heard back...
josephine0304
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Did anyone apply for Biomedical Science ?
samuelwarrior
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yuningzhang)
Yes I received an interview from UST, the interview questions are really weird personally.
samuelwarrior
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by janicex)
Has anyone got offers from HKU? I submitted my application on 7th Nov but still haven't heard back...
I did not get an interview invitation from HKU, but they gave a conditional offer (BBA).
Intramoon
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by samuelwarrior)
Yes I received an interview from UST, the interview questions are really weird personally.
what course did you apply for? were the questions more general or more focused on the course you’re applying for?
samuelwarrior
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Intramoon)
what course did you apply for? were the questions more general or more focused on the course you’re applying for?
I applied to Business for UST. I think everyone who applied to UST (if your PG is above their requirement) may receive an online interview, there are five or six questions in total. The first question is introducing yourself. The rest of the questions are quite generic (not related to the course), but hard to answer because it has no exact answer, such as "Which species should go extinct first, explain."
samuelwarrior
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Did anyone receive an interview from HKU BBA?
Yoyowhatsupp
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
anyone received offer from HKU Med (e.g. MBBS, BPharm, BBMS, BNurs)?
Intramoon
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied to Business for UST. I think everyone who applied to UST (if your PG is above their requirement) may receive an online interview, there are five or six questions in total. The first question is introducing yourself. The rest of the questions are quite generic (not related to the course), but hard to answer because it has no exact answer, such as "Which species should go extinct first, explain."
Thanks for your reply! I applied for science group B but haven’t heard anything back best of luck w ur application!
Manpeter
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you put BBA as 1st choice or 2nd choice? I submitted my applications to 3 universities from HK. Got COs from 2 of them but does NOT hear any feedback from HKU.
Manpeter
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I did not get an interview invitation from HKU, but they gave a conditional offer (BBA).
Did you put BBA as 1st choice or 2nd choice? I submitted my applications to 3 universities from HK. Got COs from 2 of them but does NOT hear any feedback from HKU.
samuelwarrior
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Manpeter)
BBA in HKU and UST especially is kinda special because they specialize BBA into different categories, such as Accounting, Finance, Marketing etc. For me, I pick BBA IS as my first choice, and the rest of the BBA specializations as my 2nd choice, 3rd choice etc.

May I know which HK universities did you apply to?
Manpeter
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
BBA in HKU and UST especially is kinda special because they specialize BBA into different categories, such as Accounting, Finance, Marketing etc. For me, I pick BBA IS as my first choice, and the rest of the BBA specializations as my 2nd choice, 3rd choice etc.

May I know which HK universities did you apply to?
Thanks for your reply. I applied HKU, HKUST and CUHK. Is the BBA offer you got from your first choice BBA IS? And do you hear back from your 2nd choices from HKU? I did not hear any feedback yet from all of my 5 choices from HKU!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.59%
October 2021 (245)
44.87%
November 2021 (65)
11.9%
December 2021 (69)
12.64%
January 2021 (70)
12.82%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8.06%