I decided to shoot my shot but got ignored.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I thought I'd shoot my shot with the guy I fancy. He just posted on his story, a photo of him and his friend in the gym. I think they're both very good looking, and I speak to them both when I see them in the gym. Anyway I commented '🔥' on the story and he ignored me.

This may not seem like a huge deal, and I know I'm overthinking it. But my anxiety makes me feel sick and embarrassed for it, I feel like I've shown myself up. I honestly feel embarrassed talking to them when I see them in the gym again.

Again, I know I'm overthinking because of my anxiety, so please be nice. I just need someone to reassure me that it's actually not a big deal like I'm making it out to be in my head.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Totally not a big deal, they probably didn’t think anything of it. Don’t worry about it, life goes on
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
People tend to have a lot of reactionary emoji replies to their IG stories, and most people tend to take it as some banter rather than it having any strong meaning behind it. It really isn’t anything much mate.
Anonymous #3
Report 5 months ago
Christ, social media is destroying humanity
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
I think you're overthinking it bc he hasn't replied. But what would he have replied with anyway? You can't really respond to a single emoji lol
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I’m not gonna lie to you, a fire emoji isn’t shooting your shot. So technically you didn’t get rejected
Erwingael
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
i ain't going to lie that emoji won't get a reply out of most people since it just shows you like the picture basically
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
It not a big deal at all, don’t worry
Anonymous #4
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought I'd shoot my shot with the guy I fancy. He just posted on his story, a photo of him and his friend in the gym. I think they're both very good looking, and I speak to them both when I see them in the gym. Anyway I commented '🔥' on the story and he ignored me.

This may not seem like a huge deal, and I know I'm overthinking it. But my anxiety makes me feel sick and embarrassed for it, I feel like I've shown myself up. I honestly feel embarrassed talking to them when I see them in the gym again.

Again, I know I'm overthinking because of my anxiety, so please be nice. I just need someone to reassure me that it's actually not a big deal like I'm making it out to be in my head.
Maybe he didn't realise he needed to respond. I would send a message with words next time, it is hard to reply to an emoji.
GlenCacao
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
As others have said, sending a fire emoji isn't shooting your shot, nor is it something that's really worth responding to. That sounded kind of harsh, but it's kind of equivalent to the heart emoji you can send in Instagram chats, which more or less just means that you've seen the comment, particularly when you don't have anything else to say, but don't want to seem like you've left the person 'on read'.

It's not a big deal at all, if it was me and I received the emoji, I would think it was my friend basically encouraging me/praising me for going to the gym and leave it at that. Someone shooting their shot would be the absolute last thing on my mind. It shouldn't change ur relationship with either of them at all, nothing to feel awkward about.
username4522078
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Should have said something a bit more substantial than that. I ignore emoji replies, just a bit boring and don't tell me much.
Rileybr2356
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I don’t think it’s a big deal that you commented on his story, if you’ve personally talked before he probably saw your comment as something normal and maybe that’s why he didn’t respond to you.
Social media currently tends to determine our whole lives, however I think that anxiety is blinding you a bit, relax and treat them the way you always do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (220)
42.23%
The paper was reasonable (224)
42.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.21%
It was TERRIBLE (29)
5.57%

Watched Threads