The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Does LSE accept students who reapply?

I am a freshman in a university outside of the United Kingdom. I want to reapply to LSE because I am interested in that major which is not offered at my current university and I really love the atmosphere at LSE as well.
So my question is, has there been anyone who successfully got into LSE although they have already started their study at another university?
All answers are going to be very helpful, thanks in advance.
There is a difference between re-applying and going from one uni to another. From experience/what I have read here, the latter is very unlikely Im afraid.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Noodlzzz
There is a difference between re-applying and going from one uni to another. From experience/what I have read here, the latter is very unlikely Im afraid.

Thank you very much for your help!
Original post by IDONTKNOWUKNOW
I am a freshman in a university outside of the United Kingdom. I want to reapply to LSE because I am interested in that major which is not offered at my current university and I really love the atmosphere at LSE as well.
So my question is, has there been anyone who successfully got into LSE although they have already started their study at another university?
All answers are going to be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Do you have A-Levels? Or IB? You can't gain admission to direct entry to 2nd year but you will have to complete a UCAS application just like all other applicants to LSE.

Which course do you want to do at LSE?

Are you an international applicant? Because over 50% of LSE undergraduates are international students and the rest are divided between 25% each Home/EU.
Original post by thegeek888
Do you have A-Levels? Or IB? You can't gain admission to direct entry to 2nd year but you will have to complete a UCAS application just like all other applicants to LSE.

Which course do you want to do at LSE?

Are you an international applicant? Because over 50% of LSE undergraduates are international students and the rest are divided between 25% each Home/EU.

I am an international student. I applied with APs and IELTs grade that I already took, and my grades are above the minimum requirement. I applied for data science. I know the admissions rate is really low, so I think I don't have a chance of getting in hahaha. But I am still glad that I tried!:biggrin:
I am an international student. I applied with APs and IELTs grade that I already took, and my grades are above the minimum requirement. I applied for data science. I know the admissions rate is really low, so I think I don't have a chance of getting in hahaha. But I am still glad that I tried!:biggrin:

Have you applied for BSc Economics? Or BSc Economics with Economic History or BSc Maths and Economics? :s-smilie: Yes, LSE is just one choice, and I will be applying for Law!!! :biggrin:
Have you applied for BSc Economics? Or BSc Economics with Economic History or BSc Maths and Economics? :s-smilie: Yes, LSE is just one choice, and I will be applying for Law!!! :biggrin:

I have a lot of experience in programming, but I have never done any extracurriculaars in economics. My other choices are basically all cs.
Law also has a lot of competition!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
I have a lot of experience in programming, but I have never done any extracurriculaars in economics. My other choices are basically all cs.
Law also has a lot of competition!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Then you must have applied for Data Science? :smile:
Then you must have applied for Data Science? :smile:

Yep! I looked at the courses and I am really interested in it! I really hope I could get the chance to study in LSE:frown:
Yep! I looked at the courses and I am really interested in it! I really hope I could get the chance to study in LSE:frown:

It is mostly dependent upon your grades and especially an outstanding UCAS Personal Statement!!! :wink:
Reply 10
Hi, LSE does accept reapplying just that you’d need to start from first year. I dont think you can transfer from another uni. I personally reapplied and got accepted by LSE. I know of others who did the same too, some even got rejected the previous year. You definitely have a chance
Original post by jsyang
Hi, LSE does accept reapplying just that you’d need to start from first year. I dont think you can transfer from another uni. I personally reapplied and got accepted by LSE. I know of others who did the same too, some even got rejected the previous year. You definitely have a chance

I am planning to start from the first year as well, but I know data science is very popular, so I don't think my chances are that high. If you don't mind me asking, were you applying while you were in another university or were you taking a gap year?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
I am planning to start from the first year as well, but I know data science is very popular, so I don't think my chances are that high. If you don't mind me asking, were you applying while you were in another university or were you taking a gap year?

I applied while in us uni. I know people who applied from uk uni as well
Original post by jsyang
I applied while in us uni. I know people who applied from uk uni as well

woah, that's great! Did they ask for your gpa in your us uni as well?
Reply 14
woah, that's great! Did they ask for your gpa in your us uni as well?

No they didn’t. I applied quite early and didn’t have my grades yet. I didn’t mention I was in another uni in my applications
Original post by jsyang
No they didn’t. I applied quite early and didn’t have my grades yet. I didn’t mention I was in another uni in my applications

oh, I didn't know that that was possible;( Thank you so much for your reply!!! It really helped me a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest