Philosophy and Modern Languages 2022

Watch this thread
JPH04
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I applied to Oxford for Philosophy and Modern Languages and I’ve had both my interviews. I’m really worried bc my philosophy interview was so hard and I had to do a pre interview task on logic, which I messed up a bit. Does anyone have advice?
D.Y.
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JPH04)
Hi, I applied to Oxford for Philosophy and Modern Languages and I’ve had both my interviews. I’m really worried bc my philosophy interview was so hard and I had to do a pre interview task on logic, which I messed up a bit. Does anyone have advice?
Hello. Oxford interviews are supposed to be hard. And it is the tutors' job to challenge you as much as possible and see how far you could go. So feeling challenged and having "messed up a bit" are actually good signs. There is a lot of discussion of these issues at the other thread "University of Oxford 2022 Applicants Official Thread". I hope this helps and wish you all the best.
JPH04
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by D.Y.)
Hello. Oxford interviews are supposed to be hard. And it is the tutors' job to challenge you as much as possible and see how far you could go. So feeling challenged and having "messed up a bit" are actually good signs. There is a lot of discussion of these issues at the other thread "University of Oxford 2022 Applicants Official Thread". I hope this helps and wish you all the best.
Thanks and you!
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JPH04)
Just wondering how you got on?
JPH04
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Debs25)
Just wondering how you got on?
I got on fine thanks, got rejected in the end lol. My Spanish interview was good (I was given a text, asked stuff about my ps and then had a convo in Spanish w the tutors) but Philosophy was sooo bad. I had this logic puzzle and I was so stuck lmao
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JPH04)
I got on fine thanks, got rejected in the end lol. My Spanish interview was good (I was given a text, asked stuff about my ps and then had a convo in Spanish w the tutors) but Philosophy was sooo bad. I had this logic puzzle and I was so stuck lmao
You do the Logic module in the first term at Oxford and it is very, very hard! At least you had an interview! I'm sure you've got offers from other great universities. Good luck!
JPH04
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Debs25)
You do the Logic module in the first term at Oxford and it is very, very hard! At least you had an interview! I'm sure you've got offers from other great universities. Good luck!
Thank u!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (0)
0%
The paper was reasonable (0)
0%
Not feeling great about that exam... (0)
0%
It was TERRIBLE (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed